Fastest metal band?

Origin pulls off their stuff live just as fast without any technical help. I saw them play at a tiny little cafe. It was amazing. I'm sure that The Berzerker has used computers to aid the speed of their music, specifically with drum machines. I've heard a limited amount of their music, but it really sounded like a drum machine to me.

I am fucking positive that Fuck...I'm Dead uses computer to add some speed to the drums. Just listen to "Shoopfront Whore" or "Fuck...I'm Dead", no one can play that fast.

Fastest drummers:
Yanic Bercier(Quo vadis)
Flo Mounier(Cryptopsy)
Gene Hoglan(SYL)
Pete Sandoval(Morbid Angel)
Inferno(Behemoth)
Hannes Grossman(Necrophagist)
Mike Smith(Suffocation)

In terms of speed as in the actual tempo of the songs, I'd say Morbid Angel and Deicide are two of the fastest. I listen to quite a lot of bands like Nile and Suffocation and stuff like that but it all starts to sound a bit same-ish to me after a few tracks. Morbid Angel and Deicide manage to pull off amazing speed but have individual songs that don't all sound the same.

On Morbid Angel's song 'Chambers Of Dis', the double pedal and blastbeats are ridiculously fast and not sped up. The Berzerker are also pretty quick, but they use so many effects and drum machines on their albums it's hard to tell what's them actually playing and what isn't, but I've heard they are crushing live. For those interested in fast guitarists, I urge you to check out Michael Angelo Batio

Early Napalm Death is pretty fast. Fast and short.

I don't know if they're the fastest, I haven't heard some of these bands you guys are talking about.

Inferno has that annoying drumming like paul from cannibal corpse. cannibal corpse should have had dave culross or someone along those lines.

Susperia said:
Cryptopsy's drummer is really fast... I have no idea who the fastest Metal band is though.

Does anyone else feel silly when they're eating messy food while listening to Death Metal?

Listen to Suffocation while eating a triple Whopper with cheese, drinking Johnnie Walker, and smoking. That doesn't feel silly, in fact it feels decadent. Especially if you're naked.

And the fastest bands I've heard would be Krisiun (meh...), Mortician :)yuk: ), and some of Dark Funeral's (good) stuff is pretty high speed.