FAV. OPETH TRACK (Live)

No contest, Under the Weeping Moon, I'll never forget hearing/seeing that solo at the end their, plus mikael with his back to the crowd doing the distortions through that quiet section. The whole time I was wondering how the break out from that mid section would sound, and man they nailed it!

Also despite being my least favourite opeth song, TGC is great live.

It's gotta be Windowpane for me... The closest to live I've gotten with Opeth is Lamentations and bootlegs, but everytime I hear Windowpane live it sounds a hundred times better than the recorded version. Mike is so emotional in that song, and it makes it THAT much better.

I only saw them live one, and Deliverance, Closure and The Grand Conjuration were much more convincing live than the other tracks (which were also great).

However, if I'm ever fortunate enough to see them play Blackwater Park, I know that will pwn all other songs in a live situation. I don't just mean pwn all other Opeth songs, I mean simply pwn all other live songs.

As it stands, 'Love?' by Strapping Young Lad was as good as anything Opeth played. Play Blackwater Park in November lads, prove me wrong!!!

I prefer Deliverance!! :kickass:
last time in Florence while they were playing it there was a blackout. Minutes later they started where they were interrupted, with great precision :headbang: ! Of course it's not the reason why I like it but live it's like a punch in the stomach... and I'm waiting for Harlequin Forest, one of my favourites :p

Closure / Deliverance / TGC / The Night and the Silent Water

Closure because it is the best for obvious reasons

Deliverance because it is so heavy

TGC because it sounds so much better than the album

TNatSW is just so emotional live. I loved every minute of it. And the "You sleep in the light..." part was awesome how he used death vox on it. :cool:

But I really enjoy all Opeth songs live... Opeth are a great live band, can't wait till they come back to the US. :headbang: