Favorite bands with higher register vocalists...

I'd rather hear a half-decent Judas Priest copy than some kind of modern vaginacore bullshit. That "seven and a half years" thing only works if you completely discount the fact that they've only released two albums in the past seven and a half years–one good, one okay. Considering their track record before then, you'd have to be a fool not to want a new Gamma Ray album.

Pyrus said:
I'd rather hear a half-decent Judas Priest copy than some kind of modern vaginacore bullshit. That "seven and a half years" thing only works if you completely discount the fact that they've only released two albums in the past seven and a half years–one good, one okay. Considering their track record before then, you'd have to be a fool not to want a new Gamma Ray album.

You sure are using the word vagina as an adjective a lot lately. :loco:

My opinions haven't changed since early January last year :/

I should get back into music more...

yes it is bizarre JK, some repressed love of over the top singers. Oh well, I havent listen to either in about 4 years but I do prefer them to all the other power prog guys. Russel Allen is pretty good, Id have to agree with whomever mentioned him. The dude from Gamma Ray and then Primal Fear, I always liked--he sounds like Rob Halford.

IOfTheStorm said:
Hopefully never. They last released a GOOD album 7 1/2 years ago, and the last one was a cheap Judas Priest copy.

:tickled:

They released Land of the Free in '95, Somewhere out in Space in '97, Powerplant in '99, and No World Order in '01. (I haven't heard anything before that.)

So now you're saying they should quit based on the last album? :loco:

No World Order had 1 song that ripped off Painkiller era Judas Priest - track #1 "Dethrone Tyranny", but the rest was all very much GR. Sounds like you heard the first track and gave up!

Shame really, because one of the greatest GR songs ever is "Lake of Tears", the last track on the last album.

Gamma Ray rules! They're the next best thing to Megadeth.

The album's style is a "cheap J.P. copy".
I think that Powerplant is simply BAD.
"Somewhere Out In Space" was very very good, and "Land Of The Free" their best (with "Heading For Tomorrow" - close 2nd).
I just think that noone will care if the quit now (despite leaving a mediocre album as their last one - Hansen already has all the respect he deserves) And of course a Kai Hansen joining Helloween again is always a possibility

IOfTheStorm said:
I just think that noone will care if the quit now (despite leaving a mediocre album as their last one - Hansen already has all the respect he deserves) And of course a Kai Hansen joining Helloween again is always a possibility

Yeah, but even if we all agreed on the last two albums being subpar, why would they cal it quits at all? I don't get it. This isn't exactly Metallica or Queensryche we're talking about. And although I agree with you, most other people love Powerplant - just search the web for reviews. ;)

And the whole Helloween thing is so overblown. They had two good albums, and now the only thing that keeps them 'Helloween' is Michael Weikath.

They are like the Mayhem of power metal.

lizard said:
and I didn't even know that Wojtek was back in and Heiman and Olsson out?

Heiman and Olsson are forming a band. Heiman just sang for the new Crystal Eyes cd. and Lost Horizon are searching for a sing that can actually sing his parts.