Favorite beer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's scotch , the brand is black label.

I finished the whole bottle..and got drunk after 20 minutes it was the first time I drink, I did'nt know it would be "that" hard..

593_b.jpg

I heard the black label is actually pretty good. The red label is only good for degreasing engines.
Either way, I dont drink whiskey to get drunk, but because I actually like the taste

men now why they shouldnt drink it, but they still do :p

Its not the worst beer ever either. But i would enjoy much more some trappist beer

Rolling Rock and Yuengling since it's the only beer that my dad has when I drink while he's away. =P

I heard the black label is actually pretty good. The red label is only good for degreasing engines.
Either way, I dont drink whiskey to get drunk, but because I actually like the taste

Yeah, Johnny Walker's not the best whisky in the world. Even their BLue label is famously known around whisky circles as the biggest marketing rip-off ever (a few hundred bucks for a decent blended scotch), to be drunk by stockbrokers and other such big-spending schmucks.

Anyhoo, I'm a huge fan of Goose Island's beers. They're easily available anywhere, not terribly expensive, and fantastic (the india pale ale is amazingly good). And thats good enough for me. I dont care enough to go to a speciality store and read beer reviews, when I can pick up equally as good beer in the supermarket.

Spending a half a year in Ireland thought me that
a) Yes, Guinness is better there. It's weird that it suffers so much when taken out of the country, where as e.g. Beamish tastes pretty much the same.
b) Guinness' still just ok, and there are lots of better stouts to be had in there. Like any of the Porterhouse stouts. Especially Oyster Stout. That thing is now one my all time favorite beers. And so is Molings Red Ale.
c) There's something weird about that island as I can actually drink whisk(e)y now, which I couldn't stand when I went there. Haven't really got into them yet, but out of those that I've tasted Connemara and Laphroaig are excellent.

nothing like sitting and enjoying a cold LAbatt blue. although there are surely many more quality ales available, none are quite as satisfying to talk about.

Hey Red Label aint that bad...but i have had better...

Red Label only tastes like wood, in a dull way. Taste a good whisky and you'll see the difference.
A Laphroaig for example.. or a Talisker.. or anything else actually worth spending money on
The only thing the Red Label is good for is irish coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.