Favorite Borknagar Album

The Bringer

Dec 8, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
I don't see this thread anywhere so I'll start it...

I'll say my favorite 3 are:

1. Empiricism
2. The Olden Domain
3. Borknagar

Empiricism is so good. The acoustics on the later songs just blow my mind.

I like the new era of Borknagar Empiricism is my choice. I like Epic but not all of it , the vocal lines on Empiricism and music kick ass from start to finish. I do appreciate old Borknager, but I was a fan of Vintersorg before I got into Borknagar so the new line up appeals to me.

Toss up between Empiricism and The Archaic Course. I think I will go with Empiricism!

Ikil

1. Lately, I can't decide. Maybe quintessence, empiricism, or olden domain.
Below that, epic, archaic course. And I still haven't heard the first album, which I'd like to!

There was a time when I would have said Quintessence...I think that it and Empiricism are the most consistant Borknagar albums. Not really anything bad, from start to finish. But Epic appeals to me, because it is the first Borknagar album with a weighty enough production. The immense nature of their music deserves a rich, full sound. Epic is the only album that REALLY delivers that...the first half of Archaic course is awesome, but it kinda falters. Olden Domain sags in the middle, and Garms vocals are...questionable at points. I think, overall, the album which is the best musically, would have to be:

Empiricism!

Borknagar's album are even more better since the first but the absolutely best album is Empiricism. First of all there is maybe the best line-up that a group could have. But the differences between empiricism and epic for me are arround. In empiricism there are so many little things that make it "non plus ultra" (and i think that many of these little things came from the bass parts). However Borknagar are my favourite group and I think that all albums are masterpieces.

Tiella