favorite chord

JoeVice

Jul 6, 2003
Murdock, NE
Visit site
for those who enjoy playing music...if you had to name your favorite chord, by itself, right now...what would it be?

i'm not sure how to write tabs, or what chord this is...but i'm pretty pumped about it...i've never heard a chord on its own that evokes as much emotion in me as this one. here it is.

x

the 2 is the high (in pitch) E string.

F#
D#
B
D
x
G

...assuming you were in standard tuning.

Thats some weird shit yo. Not a legiatmate chord either. Sounds like something Primordial would do. I like it.

edit - It's almost GMM7

Braighs said:
F#
D#
B
D
x
G

...assuming you were in standard tuning.

Thats some weird shit yo. Not a legiatmate chord either. Sounds like something Primordial would do. I like it.

edit - It's almost GMM7

thanks...i stumbled upon it the other day...and i was like wow!!

when i play this chord before it, it sounds neato.

x

both of these chords have like two chords within them...the four highest strings here make a d major. then there is the thing on the bottom...that has nothing to do with a d major. i kind of like the idea of combining two chords that have nothing to do with eachother to make one chord.

i'll give your chord a shot when i get a guitar in my hands.

Tha most recent chord is D major with an F bass. That is odd as in D major you have an F#, it is D minor that has the F in it. So they are some pretty crazy chords! Cool though I can see how they would be used more in a progression as apposed to just strumming away at them, even then they are pretty hard on the ear, but in a good way!

x

beautiful beautiful beautiful

I like the old

as well, beautiful, but in a more uplifting way

C# minor rules as well!

Not exactly a chord, but one of my favorite progressions is

3 2 3 5 7 10
0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
3 3 3 5 7 9
0 0 0 0 0 0

then back down, strummed in 6/8.

-ros

I realized Jon Snow has the same chord as me in a different voicing. :lol: we are too much alike Joe.

tubbs, you want heavy? put your capo on 4, play my choice on the CLEAN channel. the chord to make people cry.

Once I get a capo I'll check that out...

Heh, I was wondering how you would play that normally.

But I see where you're going, I went down the fretboard to E and I have an idea of what that sounds like.

Capo's are cheap, I'll probably be getting one this week.

prowlergrig said:
joevice - lol, 'his chord' was your chord :p
interesting chord anyway :)
yep

Looking at again. It was G5 in the bass and BM on top. It gives it a celtic bagpipish feel -as if the bass was stuck in a drone and trying to modulate on top of it. THAT's how Primordial gets their sound. Your second chord was shit when I played it on piano. It might sound good on guitar, but my high E just broke. :(

Some simple Agalloch-ish chords I like: A2 and CMM7 fully stummed.

The first one is probably my favorite, but the other ones aren't far behind.

E - 0
B - 3
G - 0
D - 4
A - 5
E - 5

E - 0
B - 0
G - 7
D - 5
A - 7
E - x

E - 5
B - 5
G - 6
D - 9
A - 7
E - 5

E - 3
B - 3
G - 3
D - 5
A - 6
E - 4

Kenneth R. said:
I realized Jon Snow has the same chord as me in a different voicing. :lol: we are too much alike Joe.

I can find some pretty cool sounding simple chords. My problem is writing a whole song using them.