Favorite Composer

fallen2289

New Metal Member
Mar 24, 2006
Southern California
Please list your favorite composer and why. Any musician is allowed, not just classical.

Franz Liszt: He was one of the greatest piano players in history, and his technicality and music is my favorite among all the classical composers.

Hmm.... Let's see... Only the ones off the top of my head...

Beethoven
Mozart
Bach
Pinella :D

EDIT: I forgot about....
Vivaldi
Paganini

Verdi's Requiem Mass, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Mussorgsky's Great Gate of Kiev and Night On Bald Mountain, Mozart's Laudate Dominium, and Beethoven's 9th are my favorite classical works.

beethoven, without a doubt.

although i really do enjoy alot of yngwie compositions *waits to get attacked*

I know, he doesnt hold a candle in truly classical works but, what can i say? Im a sucker for shred guitar

Paganini.

You can't possibly be a Malmsteen fan and not like Paganini. Unless you're not the kindof person who appreciates Malmsteen for his Neo-Classicalness.

Shostakovich-bad ass russian composer 5th symphony need I say more
Vivaldi-four seasons
Beethoven - Sonata Pathetique (spelling)
Karl Orff-Carmina Burana O Fortuna
Wagner-Das Reingold, Tristan and Isolde
Stravinsky-Firebird suite and rite of spring
Basil Poledouris-Conan the barbarian soundtrack
Hans Zimmer-Gladiator soundtrack and most recent da vinci code soundtrack
Erik Nieland-myself haha but its true:Smug:

Bach - I love the technicality and complexity of his music. IMO it's the closest "classical" parallel to the music I listen to today. I'd like to think that he would be writing in the style of Spiral Architect or some of the other more complex prog bands if he were alive today.

Dvorak - "The Moldau" is one of my favorite Russian nationalistic pieces.

Brahms - To me he represents the culmination of all the eras and composers that came before him. The perfect example of this is his Fourth Symphony.

Mozart - The only piece by him that I'm crazy about is his Requiem. The rest is too simple to keep my interest.

Stravinsky - "The Rites of Spring" is one of the only expressionistic pieces that I can stand to listen to.

Berlioz - His "Symponie Fantasique" is a very dark piece that has always intrigued me.

John Williams - His work on the "Star Wars" films is some of my favorite ever and also some of the most identifiable in music history.

Howard Shore - The soundtrack to "The Lord Of The Rings" movies is my favorite "classical" music ever.