Favorite Console/Computer RPGs

Console: Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, FFVII, Lufia II, FFV and FFTA are pretty good too.

PC: Fallout 1 & 2

Erik said:
Secret of Mana for the SNES, also Chrono Trigger and various pre-VII Final Fantasies. I'd say Zelda ]|[ as well but I don't think it qualifies as a proper RPG.

The rule of thumb is if it has polygons, it sucks.

PC: Fallout is superb but then again it's almost the only one I've played.

Damn dude, that's a pretty lame rule of thumb... your missing out on a lot of new age classics equally as good as some of those older ones.

Console: Lunar 1 and 2 for Sega CD. Final Fantasy III/VI. Suikoden. Phantasy Star series. Chrono Trigger. Secret of Mana.

PC: just Ultima Online, I played it for 5 years of my life :p

Long live console RPGs :kickass:

Shining In The Darkness (genesis)
Shining Force (genesis)
Shining Force 2 (genesis)
Landstalker (genesis)
FF3 (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Earthbound (SNES)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Phantasy Star 4 (genesis)
Star Ocean 2: The Second Story (PSX)
Tales Of Destiny (PSX)
Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
Xenogears (PSX)

and much, much more.

Aecliptica said:
Shining Force (genesis)
Landstalker (genesis)
FF3 (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Earthbound (SNES)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Phantasy Star 4 (genesis)
Star Ocean 2: The Second Story (PSX)
Tales Of Destiny (PSX)
Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
Xenogears (PSX)

and much, much more.
:worship:

A fellow Genesis owner, we are few and far between :p

Phantasy Star I-IV.

Also: Shining Force I & II, Breath of Fire I & III, Final Fantasy I-VIII, Grandia, SaGa Frontier II, SaGa I-III, among many others ...

Lutz said:
Phantasy Star I-IV.

Also: Shining Force I & II, Breath of Fire I & III, Final Fantasy I-VIII, Grandia, SaGa Frontier II, SaGa I-III, among many others ...
Hence the name eh? :p

Saga Frontier though huh? Those I've played both I and II and they were pretty friggen hard and a bit confusing at times, I dont think I ever played through either of them. Saga Frontier I however had a really good idea with its open endedness and some interesting storylines but man that game was impossibly hard to my recollection :zombie:

Aecliptica said:
Shining Force (genesis)

\m/

Also, i'm a FF fanboy, though at the same time, i'm a big fan of PC RPGs as well (The BG Series, The Fallout Series, Planescape : Torment, etc.)

Final_Vision said:
:worship:

A fellow Genesis owner, we are few and far between :p
:kickass: kickass to that

Final_Vision said:
Saga Frontier though huh? Those I've played both I and II and they were pretty friggen hard and a bit confusing at times, I dont think I ever played through either of them. Saga Frontier I however had a really good idea with its open endedness and some interesting storylines but man that game was impossibly hard to my recollection
damn man, i couldnt agree with you more. my mom bought it for me for one of my birthdays a while back...and i have to say, the game did NOT make any sense to me. it was so goddamn whacked out. i played alot and there was one time where i got realyl far with the character Red i beliieve( i think that was his name). Then i had to fight some boss in which was litterally impossible and was stuck and gave up. it was way too confusing, i really didnt enjoy it. interesting concept, but not for everyone.

\m/(in response to the shining force games)
i remember when my mom came home and handed me shining force 1.( i was still in elementary school at the time). i popped it in and there i was in some town and was so lost. i had never encountered an rpg game before and so it was my first. i thouhgt it was shitty because i didnt know what to do but then i finally understood how to play it and it became my favourite series to date. if they could only make games like they used to...*sigh*

Final_Vision said:
Hence the name eh? :p

Saga Frontier though huh? Those I've played both I and II and they were pretty friggen hard and a bit confusing at times, I dont think I ever played through either of them. Saga Frontier I however had a really good idea with its open endedness and some interesting storylines but man that game was impossibly hard to my recollection :zombie:
Never played the first game (don't know if it was even released in Europe.. I'd like to play it), but yes SA2 was a hard and kinda confusing game but that was the fun part about that game. Also the hand-painted graphics in SA2 is one of the most beautiful graphics I have ever seen. If I would want to play something simple I would play FFVII...

I have to agree, the graphical style in Saga Frontier II were unique and pretty gorgeous, the games mechanics were just waaaaaaay too strange. Very deep game none the less and I applaued you for figuring it out :p

As for Shining Force, I first played II and loved it. I never got to play the first one. But I did play Shining Force CD which was an amazing game. It was like two games in one since there were two heroes. If your a shining force fan, you missed out on one of the best in the series with that one.

Ys I & II
Dragon Slayer
Cosmic Fantasy 2
(for those wondering what the fuck those three games are, they were on TurboGrafx / PC-Engine :p )
Xenogears
Final Fantasy I, IV, & VI

There are some Working Designs games that were made for TurboGrafx that I never got to try, wasnt Cosmic Fantasy one of them?