Favorite death metal bands?

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
What are everyoens favorite death metal bands? I have been into death metal a little less than a year now and so far this is the list of bands I am into, some you can consider quetsionable but this is my list....

Edit:

After going through my cd collection and thinking about it all here is my official list of death metal bands (or in some cases close to death metal bands) that I like and listen to...

Obituary

Death

Morbid Angel

Cannibal Corpse

Vader

Decapitated

Vital Remains

Dismember

Deicide

Kataklysym

Carcass

Entombed

At The Gates

Amon Amarth

Hypocrisy

Arch Enemy

older In Flames

Children Of Bodom (power, death, whatever)

Black Dahlia Murder

Beyond The Embrace

Dew-Scented

Of the bands on this list I have seen Beyond The Embrace twice, Black Dahlia Murder twice, Children Of Bodom twice, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Entombed, Dismember, Vital Remains, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, and Obituary.

Black Dahlia Murder are straight metalcore.

Kronos
Vore
Saprogenic
Vomit Remnants
Intestine Baalism
Wormed
Baal
Gurkkhas

half ur list was melodic death metal...

In Flames & Arch Enemy are pure melo death. CoB is more of a melodic death/ prog thrash hybrid.

I have nothing against melo death, im actually a big fan of the genre but im gonna stick to normal death metal seeing as how thats what the topic is asking for.

oh and as VVVVV said... BDM = metalcore. They are not death metal.

Arghoslent
Arsis
Atheist
Death
Ribspreader

Afflicted
Atheist
Atrocity
Cynic
Death
Decapitated
Demigod
Dismember
Entombed
Exhumed
Grave
Immolation
Morbid Angel
Necronomicon
Obituary
Pestilence
The Chasm
Vader
Vital Remains

etc...

TheGraveDigger said:
What are everyoens favorite death metal bands? I have been into death metal a little less than a year now and so far this is the list of bands I am into, some you can consider quetsionable but this is my list....

Morbid Angel
Cannibal Corpse
Death
Obituary
older In Flames
Arch Enemy
Children Of Bodom
Black Dahlia Murder

probably a few others im not thinking of right now
Half your list isnt even death metal...:erk:

...and Cannibal Corpse = not that great.

Here are some of the bands I left off my list that just came to me now....

Deicide, Vital Remains, Decapitated, Vader, Hypocrisy, and Kataklysym.

As far as Black Dahlia Murder being metal core, what exactly is the meaning to the term metal core?

5thSeason said:
half ur list was melodic death metal...

In Flames & Arch Enemy are pure melo death. CoB is more of a melodic death/ prog thrash hybrid.

I have nothing against melo death, im actually a big fan of the genre but im gonna stick to normal death metal seeing as how thats what the topic is asking for.

oh and as VVVVV said... BDM = metalcore. They are not death metal.

Arghoslent
Arsis
Atheist
Death
Ribspreader

Arghoslent are melo-death(at least Incorrigible Bigotry is)

My favs:
Nocturnus
Vehemence
Sotajumala
Cynic
Theory in Practice
Ribspreader
Relentless
The Chasm
Lykathea Aflame
Neuraxis
Gorguts
Behemoth

J Mann said:
Arghoslent are melo-death(at least Incorrigible Bigotry is)
calling them Melo-Death is pretty inacurate....they sound nothing like a typical gothernberg melo-death band......they are death metal that has some melody.....but defienetly death metal

Spirit In Black said:
calling them Melo-Death is pretty inacurate....they sound nothing like a typical gothernberg melo-death band......they are death metal that has some melody.....but defienetly death metal

The entire city of Gotenburg wishes they were Arghoslent (or Korn, if you want to talk about certain bands... :p ).

I actually prefer Melodic-Death Metal a lot over straight Death Metal. There's a lot of pure Death Metal bands that sound exactly the same, yet a few of them stand out. So, I am going to go ahead and list both Melodic-Death Metal and pure Death Metal together.

Kalmah (well, they are a mix between DM, BM, and Power Metal)
Older In Flames
Amon Amarth
Dismember
Entombed
Deicide
The Berzerker (they are a combination of several sub-genres though)
The Haunted
Hypocrisy
At the Gates
Into Eternity

I really only know the popular Death Metal bands. I am more of a Black and Viking Metal guy (but I still love Death Metal).

Edit: Shit forgot a couple!