Favorite Judas Priest Album

What is your favorite Judas Priest album?

• Rocka Rolla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sad Wings of Destiny

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Sin After Sin

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Stained Glass

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Killing Machine

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • British Steel

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Point of Entry

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Screaming for Vengeance

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Defenders of the Faith

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Turbo

• Ram it Down

• Painkiller

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Jugulator

• Demolition

• Angel of Retribution

• Total voters
It's a toss up between several for me. I couldn't choose between their 2 best: Painkiller and Sad Wings. Sad Wings is a masterpiece and considering they recorded it on a tiny budget. However, Painkiller was the most metal album they did and it's a pure slab of brilliance.

Notables: Stained Class, Hell bent, British Steel, Defenders

My vote goes to Painkiller...after their reunion, lots of my friends worshipped them (and still do), so I lost interest in them, until one day I got Painkiller into my hands. This album slays. ALOT!

I might be picky but that's Stained Class, not Stained Glass, the mistake is everywhere on the internet :D Hehe.

My vote would change every day between Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class, Screaming, Defenders and Painkiller, I love them all for different reasons.
Mmmm let's get original then, here's one vote for Sin After Sin, their most underrated record by far!

At this very moment it is "Sad Wings.." but other are "Stained Class", 'Killing Machine/Hell Bent...", "Defenders of the Faith" and "Painkiller".

1.Painkiller
2.Defenders Of Thre Faith
3.Turbo
4.Screaming For Vengeance
5.Ram It Down

And Defenders of the Faith is still best priest album.

AMEN!
erik-rock.gif

NP: Horcas - 'Junto A Vos'

It is. It's just referred to by it's appropriate title of 'Killing Machine'.

Thanks! ... Learn something everyday. To clear this up who do not own a copy of 'Rockdetector's A-Z of Powermetal' :erk: ... 'Killing Machine' (CBS 32 UK) was the title of the UK release while it was released the same year (1978) in the US as 'Hell Bent For Leather' (Columbia 128 USA) with an extra track.
PMR

Stained Class was unquestionably their creative and artistic peak.
I have to disagree. I would say Sad Wings is their creative peak, what with songs like Epitaph, Prelude, and Victim of Changes (interesting songwriting, IMO). I think Sin After Sin continued the same sort of feel they had on Sad Wings, but not as much, creatively. Though that's not to say Sin After Sin and Stained Class aren't amazing albums.

Personally, Sad Wings is my favorite. All the songs are superb.

Painkiller for me, and I'm glad to see it toping the pole.
I think it's one of the best metal albums ever released, sure, their older stuff are timeless but this one came out of nowhere and still kicks ass.

I actually really like Jugulator and Demolition and then went backwards. I got into Priest in the mid nineties when i was about 14 to 16 time period so I missed alot and had to back track.