Favorite Live Shows

^Sorry for your lack of exposure to the live music scene^

Another great Opeth show was the Damnation Tour at the Berkeley in Boston. The crowd wasn't exactly going crazy (seemed like alot of ppl were expecting heavy stuff) but the band performed very well & the sound in that place was very good. Mike also had alot of interaction with the crowd. The 1st cpl of times I saw them he was pretty quiet until this point. To me it really displayed the musical talents each of them possess. Not many bands of their genre could produce a show like this.

2nd thought honorable mention
Eric Clapton @ the Tweeter Center
Allman Brothers same venue last week. These guys put on one hell of a show. Their final 2 songs lasted 50 minutes. Almost 3 hrs total

I liked Massive Attack's live show when I saw them back in 2003. Depeche Mode is great live.
I saw Roger Waters in June but wasn't impressed. I would have loved to see Floyd back in the day.

makethestringscry said:
How was the Tool concert?

Fucking awesome aye. They came twice to NZ on the Laterulus tour coz they like us so much:kickass:
At the first one, I was in the front row and some chick behind me was cranking me hehe, so Tool infront, Girl behind, Fuck yea hahaha

I haven't been to many concerts, but here's the list.

The Living End 2003 at The Palace - First concert. Pretty awesome show, but at one stage my ears fucked up because I stood too close to the speaker.
The Dissociatives 2004 at The Metro - Played the whole album and a Tom Waits cover. It was cool to see Daniel and Paul Mac up so close.
Foo Fighters - December 6th 2005 at Rod Laver Arena - Predictable setlist, but Dave Grohl is a great showman and really interacts with the audience.
The Rolling Stones - April 11 2006 at Telstra Stadium - My first "big" show. Hopefully not the last. Me and my sister went up to Sydney to see them! My sister could only get one ticket for the Melbourne show, so got that and also got one for me and her in Sydney. Lucky bugger.
The Living End - 19th May 2006 at Festival Hall - Great setlist with a good mix of the old and new. Too bad the GA crowd was a little annoying.

Upcoming concerts -
U2 - November 18 (finally!)
Tool - January 31
Eric Clapton - February 3

Tori Amos - Songs from the Choirgirl Hotel Tour @ UCF Arena in Orlando

Tori is a great performer, one of those people who you can never guess what they'll do. She was a nutjob, singing to a tellytubby and stuff. Very weird, but very good. I saw Sarah McLachlan that year, too, and Tori was so much better live. With Sarah, it was like listening to the album. She brought nothing new. Her performance was impeccable but boring. Tori was the opposite of that. Maybe she wasn't on the entire time, but she was interesting. Altogether too many chicks with fairy wings in the crowd, and the girls in front of me would not shut the fuck up when Tori did her piano solo set. Otherwise, excellent show.

I saw recently Tori's VH1 storytellers and oh boy is she living in the same space time continuum as us ?

Completely crazy but a pure talent.