Favorite Movie Soundtrack?

Cynic FR said:

Oh yeah! That one is mag-fucking-nificent. The only other Kenji Kawai soundtrack I've heard is the original Ghost in the Shell soundtrack, which is also pretty damn good.

My other favorites would have to be
  • Spirited Away by Joe Hisaishi.. "unca Joe's" piano parts just slay me.
  • Future Blues by Yoko Kanno. This is the soundtrack to "Cowboy Bebop - Knockin' on Heavens Door" and it totally rules. All of Yoko's stuff has such energy in it.
  • Conan and Starship Troopers by Basil Poledouris. 'Nuff said.
  • Desperados - especially the Latin Playboys tracks n_n ...and Link of course! He's da man!
  • The Matrix - just because it got me into Propellerheads and Monster Magnet.

np: Blood Axis - Reign I Forever

Neil Young's "Dead Man" soundtrack. Psychedelic old western music, I love it. It's basically one long ass guitar solo with organ music and clips from the movie dispersed throughout.

Robotech!
Seriously, though, The Rock has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard, if not the best. Oh sure, it's "Yay america!"-music but it's mood creating. I don't listen to soundtrack music at all, except for those times I put on The Rock when playing wargames for instance.

krapylet said:
Robotech!
Seriously, though, The Rock has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard, if not the best. Oh sure, it's "Yay america!"-music but it's mood creating. I don't listen to soundtrack music at all, except for those times I put on The Rock when playing wargames for instance.

*salutes*

minmei would be proud!!

Scarlett1313 said:
Quite a few of them over the years of me buying music.....

Ever After and alot of others with similar classical sound.
The Crow I & II
Strangeland
Moulin Rouge
Cruel Intentions....and there is a few more I have, just cant think of them all.

fuck yea! all of those, and also nightmare before christmas

the Crow soundtrack was awesome, i really loved the song by For Love Not Lisa, Slip Slide Melting i think was the name of it, so i then went and bought all of their cds, which are good but sound diff from the song chosen for the soundtrack, i wonder what happened to that band?
also Lost Highway is great,
The Craft soundtrack,
and the Legend soundtrack by Tangerine Dream