Favorite rappers?

Eminem is more than overrated, he's officially washed up.
That's a little true there. I mean I liked Revival. But a lot of it I felt was political pandering. Which he struck some points here and there in untouchable, but it was so blunt and bias I couldn't even.... Joyner Lucas did a better job tackling what Eminem did on that song. Same thing with "Like Home". But out of that whole album, I only liked so few songs. But at least it's better than Relapse.

You guys should check out Life MC and Si Phili, from the UK. I like a lot of the older stuff such as De La Soul, Wu-Tang, Naughty By Nature, 2Pac, A Tribe Called Quest etc, but for me the stuff coming out of the UK at the moment has the raw gritty edge that gets me going. Check some of these out if you are curious...

Lowkey - Ahmed
Si Phili - Villanous Times, Wallz, Hometown, Let It Go
Life MC - Moviedrome, Haters Chill, Peace

(The Moviedrome lyrics are almost entirely made up of movie titles and character names. There are hundreds in there!!!!)

Life MC is a killer MC for sure. Lowkey's too preachy and political for me, he makes me cringe and he isn't good enough at rhyming to get me to overlook it and just enjoy his talents.

For me the two greatest UK hip hop albums are:

Also:

Reactions: Podgie
Lately I've been jamming to Bone Thugz N Harmony. Their first big tape was hellish and full of sweet jams. Mr.Ouija is creepy as fuck!

I've also been digging a few modern rappers like Ghostemane and Bones for these similar styles like BTNH (although Bones does every style of rap.)

MF Doom is ultimate tho.

Reactions: CiG
Anyone else here a fan of X? Its sad he died so young, its still hard to believe he's dead

Personally I can't go past Rakim. Greatest MC of all time.

As for the greatest beat makers in hip hop history, A Tribe Called Quest takes that one out.

Reactions: CiG