Favorite Shredder

Parviainen said:
Adrian Smith is my favourite guitar player. Great songwriter too. James Hetfield, Dave Mustaine and Scott Ian are also great. And ofcourse Andy Laroqcue.

Hetfield, Mustaine and Ian are rhythm guys...they're not "shredders".

Bryan Adams has face melting solos
Joan Jett is the innovator for tit rock solos
and that guy from Local H......Jeebus never heard solos as badass as his...

Don't even get me started with the guy from The Presidents of the United States of America.....He shits metal
normal_image914.jpg

& as far as bass shredders go, I would have to go with
Sid Vicious
fea_sidvicious.jpg

MyHatred said:
Bryan Adams has face melting solos
Joan Jett is the innovator for tit rock solos
and that guy from Local H......Jeebus never heard solos as badass as theirs

Don't even get me started with the guy from The Presidents of the United States of America.....He shits metal
normal_image914.jpg

& as far as bass shredder go, I would have to go with
Sid Vicious
fea_sidvicious.jpg

Bryan Adams looks like his face melted.

Wouldn't Joan Jett be titless rock solos? I'd rather see the bitch from Slunt...she's hella-hot!

schenkadere said:
In fact, I always hated when Mustaine would take a second lead break on record...it would take away from the first lead by Marty or Chris.

Mustaine is good rhythm guitarist but mediocre "shredder".

I always thought "shredding" had to do something with rythm playing, like, riffing. So I've been wrong all the time?

gaschamber said:
nigga...is you crazy?

Just my opinion, dude...they're a mismatch for lead work...Friedman's solos were outstanding and Mustaine's were so, so. Perfect example...Lucretia.

No offense...just my opinion. Don't get all Anthraxy on me...Ha!

Parviainen said:
Adrian Smith is my favourite guitar player. Great songwriter too. Marty Friedman and Andy Laroqcue are also great.
Smith plays with style. After all these years he still hasn't slowed down as much as Nicko. Jannick has that unpredictable style live. You don't know where his leads are coming from or where they are going, but they are really cool to listen to and he's got something of a "smooth" style to his playing.

I never saw Marty as a shredder. He seemed a bit too refined to be a shredder. He is one of metal's greats, though.

Andy is great, even at 60.

Henrik from Evergrey is fantastic, but their last and upcoming albums blow. Tom and Henrik are a great combo.

Chuck and Shannon. I liked that Chuck would pick people that would up his game and force him to go further.

Tommy Vetterli of Coroner.

I liked James Murphy's stuff with Testament.

While we're at it, the two guys from Threshold, Karl and Nick are phenomenal. They don't go into the Dream Theateresque wank fests, but play with a solid, heavier style that doesn't get retarded or contrived.

Michael Romeo gets some mention here, too.