Must Have Guitar Albums

Has anybody checked out the Surfing with the Alien 20th aniv reissue????
the DVD is worth it!!!!! it's at the Montreaux festival in 1988 with Jonathan Mover on drums & Stuart Hamm on bass the classic Satriani line up!!!! it's worth buying kjust for the DVD, great Stariani performance, on that tour i was at the California Teather here in San Diego and the show was tapped that night for the king biscuit flower hour and later part of it was availabel on the Dreaming #11 EP memories!!!!!

Has anybody checked out the Surfing with the Alien 20th aniv reissue????
the DVD is worth it!!!!! it's at the Montreaux festival in 1988 with Jonathan Mover on drums & Stuart Hamm on bass the classic Satriani line up!!!! it's worth buying kjust for the DVD, great Stariani performance, on that tour i was at the California Teather here in San Diego and the show was tapped that night for the king biscuit flower hour and later part of it was availabel on the Dreaming #11 EP memories!!!!!

I'm not a big Satch fan. His compositions are horribly boring and predictable. Whatever happened to that guy, anyway? Did he just stop practicing? I appreciate a guitarist who can keep up with the times. Look at Andy LaRoque...there's an old metal head who just keeps getting better. Glenn Tipton too...when metal guitar became the focus in the 80's, he stepped up his playing big time. Uli Jon Roth...he's always progressed.

Some guys just get lazy I guess.

Schenker is another one who just farted it all away.

Yeah i agree schenk, to me satch has always had a really verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure that does become very predictable after a while, that being said, songs like summer song, back to shalla bal etc. are still great regardless of how symplistic the structures are. I also recon satch has only about 5 tones that he choses from when writing....

Another great guitar album that i dont think has been mentioned : SRV - texas flood

Yeah i agree schenk, to me satch has always had a really verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure that does become very predictable after a while, that being said, songs like summer song, back to shalla bal etc. are still great regardless of how symplistic the structures are. I also recon satch has only about 5 tones that he choses from when writing....

Another great guitar album that i dont think has been mentioned : SRV - texas flood

He starts with a theme and then plays it an octave higher.

Always With Me, Always With You will always be my favorite Satch tune. I like the outro soloing in Ice 9 and the song Echo...maybe a few things from the Extremist, but I think this is a guy who said it all with his first release.

Texas Flood...a very good album...great Texas blues.