Must Have Guitar Albums

My personal favorite is In Trance...but the Scorps back then have a completely different sound than they do after he left...it's darker with a hippy vibe sometimes. In Trance is one of my all time favorite albums. But, you might want to try Taken by Force. That's the last Uli album and it has the classic Sails of Charon...that is still an amazing solo and was highly influential...that album has some great songs, but it's not my favorite.

Taken by Force has my top 2 scorps tunes, 1 "Sails of Charon" & 2 "We'll Burn the Sky" a lot of awesome stuff in the Uli era, :kickass: :kickass:

Taken by Force has my top 2 scorps tunes, 1 "Sails of Charon" & 2 "We'll Burn the Sky" a lot of awesome stuff in the Uli era, :kickass: :kickass:

My favorite songs is Longing for Fire and Catch Your Train....I think...there's so many. The entire In Trance album is great...then there's the earlier stuff like Fly To The Rainbow...and Lonesome Crow from 1970 with a 16 year old Michael Schenker rocking out to hippy go-go metal.:headbang:

I love that album, i own all 4 with Uli & the double live also, i was just picking my personal top songs, In Trance is really more complete than the others i'll probably see Uli for my 5th time on the 25th at the Sky Academy at Muscians Institute in Hollywood.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned him, but Joe Satriani has to be in your collection of must have guitar albums. I love Flying in a Blue Dream. Minus the singing parts and stuff, but songs like The Forgotten 2, One Big Rush, Back to SHalla-Bal, are amazing! I would also toss in Surfing with the Alien.

And Ill toss in an Rush album.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned him, but Joe Satriani has to be in your collection of must have guitar albums. I love Flying in a Blue Dream. Minus the singing parts and stuff, but songs like The Forgotten 2, One Big Rush, Back to SHalla-Bal, are amazing! I would also toss in Surfing with the Alien.

And Ill toss in an Rush album.

Surfing with the Alien for sure...The Extremist...maybe...but I think with Joe's hair loss coincided with his chops loss.

Jeff Healey's first release See the Light...that's a great guitar album.

This latest King Diamond release is a great guitar album too.

Accept's Restless and Wild...great guitar work...and a big thrash influence.

Rainbow's Long Live Rock n Roll has some great guitar moments.

Awake by Dream Theater has some awesome work by Petrucci.

Van Halen's Fair Warning is often forgotten...my personal favorite. Push Comes to Shove is his best recorded solo IMO.

And of course...Vivian Campbell's work on Dio's Holy Diver...classic!

I really liked Riot's Thundersteel and still do Restless & Wild is in my opinion the best Accept release, anything with Blackmore is welcomed here, The Gates of Babylon is the best track on Long Live Rock'n'Roll

I really liked Riot's Thundersteel and still do Restless & Wild is in my opinion the best Accept release, anything with Blackmore is welcomed here, The Gates of Babylon is the best track on Long Live Rock'n'Roll

Kill the King is my favorite track on LLRNR.

Dire Straits first two releases are great...self titled and Communique...Knopfler plays some sweet stuff there.

Surfing with the Alien for sure...The Extremist...maybe...but I think with Joe's hair loss coincided with his chops loss.

Jeff Healey's first release See the Light...that's a great guitar album.

This latest King Diamond release is a great guitar album too.

Accept's Restless and Wild...great guitar work...and a big thrash influence.

Rainbow's Long Live Rock n Roll has some great guitar moments.

Awake by Dream Theater has some awesome work by Petrucci.

Van Halen's Fair Warning is often forgotten...my personal favorite. Push Comes to Shove is his best recorded solo IMO.

And of course...Vivian Campbell's work on Dio's Holy Diver...classic!

I do believe that hair loss is directly related to talent, skill, and overall awesomeness. Now to run my hands through my full thick head of hair.

I like pretty much every van halen release, even when he played synth.

A lot of earlier Queen albums contained tons of awesome rock riffs that were copied and tweaked further on in time.

Oh, most Dick Dale albums are pretty tits!

Straight metal albums now, or "THe shit that makes me want to pick up my guitar and jam":

Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery. Excellent
Emperor - Anthems to Welkin at Dusk
Enslaved - RUUN
Abigor - Everything up to Supreme Immortal Art
Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges
At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul - set a standard
Dissection - Storm of the Lights bane
In Flames - All albums up to Clayman, then their talent instantly faded away
Malignant Eternal - Far Beneath the Sun - underrated masterpiece of avantgarde black metal
Opeth - Orchid and Morningrise
Sorhin-Apokalypsens Ängel
Psyopus - Ideas of Reference
Windir-Sóknardalar
Any Amorphis album
Blood Tsunami - Thrash Metal
Borknagar - The Archaic Course
Ved Bues Ende - Those Who Caress the Pale
Stillhet - Gjemt I Skyggene ( only for the amazing Silent Hill cover)
Sentenced - Amok (could have been an awesome album, worst vocals EVER)
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder - Buried In The Front Yard
Pelican - The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw
Necrophagist -Epitaph
Mörk Gryning - Tusen år har gått...
Mithras - Behind the Shadows lie Madness
Meshugga - Destroy, Erase, Improve
Manegarm - Any album
Lunar Aurora - Andacht
Kvist - For Kunsten Må Vi Evig Vike
Hel - Tristheim
Hate - Anaclasis
Gates Of Ishtar - A Bloodred Path
Ghamorean - Plaguempire
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Byzantine - The Fundamental Component
Blood Red Throne - Come Death
Death - The Sound of Perseverance
Deceaded - Fearless Undead Machines
Dying Fetus - Destroy the Opposition

I do believe that hair loss is directly related to talent, skill, and overall awesomeness. Now to run my hands through my full thick head of hair.

Hey get your hands out of your pants!

Geez, Evil...is there anything you don't like?:lol:

I don't know how anyone can listen to Psyopus...that's a recorded headache.

Hey get your hands out of your pants!

Geez, Evil...is there anything you don't like?:lol:

I don't know how anyone can listen to Psyopus...that's a recorded headache.
I like beer and 18 year old college freshmen girls!

Psyopus is one of those bands where they have a few guitar antics tossed in which I think are really cool, but as far as listenability over the long run, there isnt much. Like the band SIkth. They have some sweet riffage but its overused

I like beer and 18 year old college freshmen girls!

Psyopus is one of those bands where they have a few guitar antics tossed in which I think are really cool, but as far as listenability over the long run, there isnt much. Like the band SIkth. They have some sweet riffage but its overused

Who wouldn't like freshman girls?

Yeah...the guitarist is very unique, but the music is hard on the ears...it's almost anti-music.

Hey Schenk did you listen to the first 2 solo Blues Saraceno albums???
if you did what do you think???
I really liked both albums, i forgot to mention Joey Tafolla's 2nd solo album Infra-Blue was cool too.

Hey Schenk did you listen to the first 2 solo Blues Saraceno albums???
if you did what do you think???
I really liked both albums, i forgot to mention Joey Tafolla's 2nd solo album Infra-Blue was cool too.

I heard Plaid...I liked that. I have a copy somewhere. I need to locate it.

Just listened to a sample of Tafolla...great stuff...the boogie stuff...I've had my fill of neoclassical.

When am I going to hear some of your stuff Flavio?

The 1st one Never look back was awesome too

Infra-blue is awesome

I don't have any recordings, but Helena my singer was telling me that she was going to put a video on you tube soon of a gig we did at the Rock & roll Dungeon in Tijuana Mexico she said it would be Lights Out or Electric Funeral the Iced Earth version, i'll let you know as soon it's up

Infra-blue is awesome

I don't have any recordings, but Helena my singer was telling me that she was going to put a video on you tube soon of a gig we did at the Rock & roll Dungeon in Tijuana Mexico she said it would be Lights Out or Electric Funeral the Iced Earth version, i'll let you know as soon it's up

I found my Plaid CD...just listened to it again...really great stuff...right up my alley. I'm not big into the neo classical shred thing...I do enjoy some artists, but I always dig blues based stuff more.

Infra-blue is awesome

Never Say Die was such an awesome Sabbath album!