Must Have Guitar Albums

My favorite king Diamond guitar album is Abigail, on Conspiracy Sleepless Nights has some awesome leads IMO of course, got to see LaRoque with the king on the Abigail ll tour and he was just amazing his playing got a lot better live.
As for Mercyful Fate, Don't Break The Oath will always be my favorite album,got to see them in 1993 and Hank Sherman was awesome, on the "9" tour i got to see them with nevermore in 99 awesome double bill.
Symphony X tonight!!!!! Eve of Seduction!!!!!

Another great guitar album I forgot about is The Division Bell by Pink Floyd. That's just a great album start to finish...dark and brooding, nice guitar work and great production.

The Division Bell is great i forgot about that one, 2 albums that i really like too are Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers & Whitesnake's Slide It In, Sykes is just soo good on that album, good rock & roll guitar playing, not over produced.

The Division Bell is great i forgot about that one, 2 albums that i really like too are Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers & Whitesnake's Slide It In, Sykes is just soo good on that album, good rock & roll guitar playing, not over produced.

How was Symphony X? I'm going again August 11th.

You're showing your hair metal side with those album choices. :lol: I remember Sykes with the Tygers of Pan Tang...good stuff! :headbang:

One guitarist I love is Gary Moore, but he suffered from never having a great album...good albums, but not great. There was always some lame pop tunes or some goofy song with "rock" in the title. Wild Frontier and Victims of the Future are very good albums. Empty Rooms is one of my all time favorite rock ballads...beautiful guitar work. On his After the War release, he does a remake of Roy Buchanan's "The Messiah Will Come Again"...man, is that an awesome instrumental...truly inspiring.

1 Oculus Ex Inferni
2 Set The World on Fire
3 Domination
4 Serpent’s Kiss
5 Paradise Lost
6 Inferno
7 Smoke and Mirrors
8 Sea of Lies
9 The Walls of Babylon
10 Of Sins and Shadows

Encore
The Oddysey

Set from The Galaxy in Santa Ana Ca.
Russel Allen sang with a lot of Passion his grandmother & parents were at the show, what can i say after Romeo's possesed playing i'm considering quiting guitar palying, it was so inspiring to see him just shred with class, melody chops, damn everytime i see him live he just gets better & better, it's a show not to be missed the band executed all the intense & complex parts so easy!!! i'll probably see them agaim tonight at the hollywood HoB

1 Oculus Ex Inferni
2 Set The World on Fire
3 Domination
4 Serpent’s Kiss
5 Paradise Lost
6 Inferno
7 Smoke and Mirrors
8 Sea of Lies
9 The Walls of Babylon
10 Of Sins and Shadows

Encore
The Oddysey

Set from The Galaxy in Santa Ana Ca.
Russel Allen sang with a lot of Passion his grandmother & parents were at the show, what can i say after Romeo's possesed playing i'm considering quiting guitar palying, it was so inspiring to see him just shred with class, melody chops, damn everytime i see him live he just gets better & better, it's a show not to be missed the band executed all the intense & complex parts so easy!!! i'll probably see them agaim tonight at the hollywood HoB

I think that's just about the same set list as what I saw. They really are a great band.

You're showing your hair metal side with those album choices. :lol: I remember Sykes with the Tygers of Pan Tang...good stuff! :headbang:

One guitarist I love is Gary Moore, but he suffered from never having a great album...good albums, but not great. There was always some lame pop tunes or some goofy song with "rock" in the title. Wild Frontier and Victims of the Future are very good albums. Empty Rooms is one of my all time favorite rock ballads...beautiful guitar work. On his After the War release, he does a remake of Roy Buchanan's "The Messiah Will Come Again"...man, is that an awesome instrumental...truly inspiring.

I love Gary Moore and i totally agree with you, Victims of the Future is my favorite, The messiah is an awesome track, really liked the way Moore aproached it

I love Gary Moore and i totally agree with you, Victims of the Future is my favorite, The messiah is an awesome track, really liked the way Moore aproached it

I purchased it when tower records was closing here in san diego, it's really great, and it was awesome to see Scott Gorham again, i heard something about somebody stealing something related to thin lizzy i'll ask my friend

I highly recommend the DVD he did with members of Thin Lizzy to commemorate Phil Lynott's death and the unveiling of a statue in his honor. It is really great...they do many of the best Lizzy tunes.

I love Black Rose...one of my favorite albums and Moore is fantastic!

Cool............whats the name of the DVD?

You will not be disappointed. Great DVD!

I'm an early Scorps fan...anything with Uli Roth...I like Matthias Jabs, but the music got too pop...practically hair metal. Post Uli stuff I dig is Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism and Blackout...it ends there for me.

Yeah I know what your saying.....Love At First Sting is my least favorite of those four albums but there is a couple solos I like off it.....whats the best Scorpion album with Uli?

Yeah I know what your saying.....Love At First Sting is my least favorite of those four albums but there is a couple solos I like off it.....whats the best Scorpion album with Uli?

My personal favorite is In Trance...but the Scorps back then have a completely different sound than they do after he left...it's darker with a hippy vibe sometimes. In Trance is one of my all time favorite albums. But, you might want to try Taken by Force. That's the last Uli album and it has the classic Sails of Charon...that is still an amazing solo and was highly influential...that album has some great songs, but it's not my favorite.

My favorite king Diamond guitar album is Abigail, on Conspiracy Sleepless Nights has some awesome leads IMO of course, got to see LaRoque with the king on the Abigail ll tour and he was just amazing his playing got a lot better live.
As for Mercyful Fate, Don't Break The Oath will always be my favorite album,got to see them in 1993 and Hank Sherman was awesome, on the "9" tour i got to see them with nevermore in 99 awesome double bill.
Symphony X tonight!!!!! Eve of Seduction!!!!!

Way back in the day I saw Trouble open for King Diamond. I think it was the Abigail tour, could be wrong. Two things stuck out in my mind.
1-Even while standing on stage. I was staring King Diamond in the face.
2-Trouble(Christian band?) touring with Satan's metallic mini-me. Strange.