Must Have Guitar Albums

Anyone else picked up the new Symphony X?

They've really taken the heavy style present on the odyssey (king of terrors etc) to a new level - Romeo's playing is as awesome as ever, and the riffs are alot more thrashy than in albums past - up there with the best of the year thus far :headbang:

I did and IMO it's awesome, not a weak song here, like always Romeo's playing is amazing, i had the album like over a month and i can't wait to see them again,
i'll be at the Anaheim HOB on july 30th & at Hollywood HOB on the 31st.
I haven't checked the DVD out, i heard bad comments about it, but i really don't care i was a the Key Club in hollywood so some footage was filmed there

I did and IMO it's awesome, not a weak song here, like always Romeo's playing is amazing, i had the album like over a month and i can't wait to see them again,
i'll be at the Anaheim HOB on july 30th & at Hollywood HOB on the 31st.
I haven't checked the DVD out, i heard bad comments about it, but i really don't care i was a the Key Club in hollywood so some footage was filmed there

I'm a fan...I like the album...I don't love it. It doesn't touch V or the Odyssey IMO. I think Romeo is a great player, but I'd love to hear him back off a little...his solos seem so rushed way too busy. I'm not crazy about the vocals on this release...he tried to rough them up too much...it seems forced. The songs aren't nearly as memorable either.

I got the DVD with the CD from FYE...you're not missing anything...the quality is horrible.

Best song on the album is Eve of Seduction. It has some of the same qualities that make their prior releases so great.

I'm going to see them this Saturday at the Chance in NY...should be fun.

Hey let me know how the show went!!!!! the shows i'l looking fwd this year are Symphony X, the Uli Jon Roth Sky academy concerts at M.I. in hollywood and my yearly visit to Atlanta for Prog Power USA, oh Kamelot and a possible Racer X show in L.A.

Just bought my tickets to see Symphony X August 9th, almost got to see them with my friends band openning for them but they were a couple tickets short of the ticket sales requirement.

And kinda off-topic, but just put a new cover of the tapping section of "Sea of Lies" up on the Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWpwCmwzP_Y

Greetings Yall!!!

I had to jump in on this topic about must have guitar albums. Sheesh, where do I start?

UFO
Force It
Lights Out
Obsession
Covenant
Strangers in the Night

MSG
Armed and Ready
MSG
Assault Attack

Tony MacAlpine
Premonition
Edge of Insanity
Evolution
Chromaticity

Steve Morse
Southern Steel
Stressfest
Coast to Coast

Vinnie Moore
The Maze
Minds Eye

Accept
Restless and Wild

Killers (Paul Di'Anno)
Killers

Damir Simic-Shime
The Quest

Damn The Machine

Derek Sherinian
"I know he is a kick ass keyboard player but his solo CD's have some great Guitarists"
Black Utopia
Blood of The Snake
Mythology
Planet X

Dream Theater
Just about all of the CD's except Octavarium

Greg Howe
Ascend
Five
Introspection
Uncertain terms

Joey Tafolla
Out of The Sun
Plastic
InfraBlue

Judas Priest
Im a big fan of Priest and I really dig Killing Machine and the releases before that one. There are some really good releases since then too!!

Megadeth
Rust in Peace

Motorhead
Overkill
Ace Of Spades
Another Perfect Day
Bomber
Ogasmatron

Ozzy
Blizzard of OZ

Black Sabbath
First 5 albums
The Mob Rules

Queensryche
Operation Mindcrime

I dont have time to list everything but this is good for starters!!!

Have a good one!!1

TNS

Technically, you are 100% correct. But there is nothing like Motorhead Guitar and Bass lines. They are hard to the bone and totally rock!!!

TNS

Assault Attack is a great gutiar album.....immaculately produced by Martin Birch

Agreed!:headbang:

I love Graham Bonnet's vocals...that guy's a power house!

After Assault Attack, MSG has absolutely nothing of value...and that's coming from Schenker's number one fan. His work with UFO and the first 3 MSG releases are just classic hard rock guitar.

Agreed!:headbang:

I love Graham Bonnet's vocals...that guy's a power house!

After Assault Attack, MSG has absolutely nothing of value...and that's coming from Schenker's number one fan. His work with UFO and the first 3 MSG releases are just classic hard rock guitar.

I cant imagine life without those songs.....:headbang:

Like Down to Earth from Rainbow Blackmore & Bonnet were awesome there!!!!
Not to mention Yngwie & Bonnet in Alcatrazz No Parole from Rock & Roll a masterpiece, one of the best albums ever recorded IMO:kickass:

Awesome album I picked up yesterday: "Virtuoso" - Joe Pass.. Awesome album the entire way through. He's like Yngwie if he knew anything about music theory :rolleyes: