Must Have Guitar Albums

Yep, buckethead is a weirdo, thats for sure. I quite like the stuff he did with les claypool (Colonel Claypools bucket of bernie brains) - the solo on the track "Buckethead" is awesome. But as a whole once you've heard his "party tricks" you've heard it all.

I'll check out whatever I can find at newbury comics of them.

And btw, forgot to post this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFa1w6XZSqI

One of the most talented, versatile and original guitarists of modern shredders, still fairly pretty unknown tho.

Another good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp0T1zaiDtM

@Reidie: I guess you're right, he's a good guitarist but his playing tends to repeat itself a bit =S (He learned from Gilbert and Gilbert kinda has the same problem) And your sig reminded me of another tight guitar album, "The Divine Wings Of Tragedy". Never been big on power metal, but Symphony X was an exception, Romeo's playing's just so awesome.

pony pony run run is guitar genius!

I always enjoyed the first two opeth albums. I thought they combined multiple layers of guitars to form one melody really well.

I'll check out whatever I can find at newbury comics of them.

And btw, forgot to post this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFa1w6XZSqI

One of the most talented, versatile and original guitarists of modern shredders, still fairly pretty unknown tho.

Another good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp0T1zaiDtM

@Reidie: I guess you're right, he's a good guitarist but his playing tends to repeat itself a bit =S (He learned from Gilbert and Gilbert kinda has the same problem) And your sig reminded me of another tight guitar album, "The Divine Wings Of Tragedy". Never been big on power metal, but Symphony X was an exception, Romeo's playing's just so awesome.

Symphony X is awesome! The Odysssey is a all time favorite.

Try Mark Rizzo from Soulfly...he has a solo release combining his metal and flamenco roots...interesting stuff.

Nothing beats the originals. And I usually just jam with friends sometimes, but most of my friends just listen to punk, ska shit and a few of the bigger metal bands (Metallica, Slayer, etc), most people my age don't take music that seriously, tho :Smug:

Btw, could you recommend me some blues players to check out, the only one I listen to now is SRV.

If you want to hear a rough blues take of mine...check out my myspace in my signature and select Blues Improv on the player. I'm just improvising over a canned Cm blues backing track. It's a single take, simple recording...nothing fancy or polished. I like to take the blues to a little more elegant level while maintaining the true feel.

Schenkadere get ready!!! Set list from Michael Schenker last night here in San Diego started at 11:20 pm, ending at 1:07 am.
1 Assault Attack(a huge kick in the ass)
2 Are you ready to Rock
3 Let it Roll
4 Into the Arena
5 New track
6 New Track
7 New Track
8 New Track
9 Lights out
10 Only you can Rock me
11 Too Hot to Handle
12 New Track
13 Armed & Ready
14 On and On ( best performance of the evening)
Encore
15 New Track
16 Doctor Doctor
17 Rock Bottom
Schenker had trouble tunning all night, new singer is awesome, only remaining member from the 90's our friend from San Diego Wayne Findlay guitars/keyboards.

I forgot to mention Schenker stays after the show at the merch section signing your stuff, and the new shirts are awesome they have the original MSG logo from the 2nd album!!!!!!!!!

Schenkadere get ready!!! Set list from Michael Schenker last night here in San Diego started at 11:20 pm, ending at 1:07 am.
1 Assault Attack(a huge kick in the ass)
2 Are you ready to Rock
3 Let it Roll
4 Into the Arena
5 New track
6 New Track
7 New Track
8 New Track
9 Lights out
10 Only you can Rock me
11 Too Hot to Handle
12 New Track
13 Armed & Ready
14 On and On ( best performance of the evening)
Encore
15 New Track
16 Doctor Doctor
17 Rock Bottom
Schenker had trouble tunning all night, new singer is awesome, only remaining member from the 90's our friend from San Diego Wayne Findlay guitars/keyboards.

Sounds great! Last time I saw Schenker was in '84 I believe...at the Ritz in NYC with Billy. He arrived at the front door in a piece of shit Ford and looked like he was afraid of everyone. I'm bringing my oldest, so it's like another torch passing experience.

Symphony X is awesome! The Odysssey is a all time favorite.

Anyone else picked up the new Symphony X?

They've really taken the heavy style present on the odyssey (king of terrors etc) to a new level - Romeo's playing is as awesome as ever, and the riffs are alot more thrashy than in albums past - up there with the best of the year thus far :headbang:

You hit the nail right on the head. There is no arguement that technically, Malmsteen is top notch. However, it is your effect on a generation of players and music buyers that can also set you apart. Take Jimmy Page for example. I do not consider him 'great' but he had such a profound effect, he is among the grreatest. Page is a great rythm player imo.

Page isn't the most technical player but, and I know that this is way over used, he had alot of feeling, for instance take the solos, especially towards the end, in Stairway. That solo is one of the best ever recorded because it of its timing and feel. IMO

They've really taken the heavy style present on the odyssey (king of terrors etc) to a new level - Romeo's playing is as awesome as ever, and the riffs are alot more thrashy than in albums past - up there with the best of the year thus far :headbang:

Just got it...I'll be listening on the way to work today...can't wait!

The packaging is over the top!...but why the hell did they create a CD case that doesn't fit in standard holders?...it's too big for the slots...that's annoying.

Ok, on first listen...it doesn't touch the Odyssey nor V. It's good...I'll make my final decision after 3 full listens.

I'm going to see them in 2 weeks.

Yo reidie, have you heard the new Dream Theater? I assume you have. What do you think? Is it worth picking up for the moderate fan?

I just bought it, the cover art was really good and it was pretty much what I expected of Symphony X (Insane licks, bass noodling, etc), "Seven" was gorgasmically awesome, "Eve of Seduction", "Walls of babylon" and pretty much every song on the album was killer, even the ballad.

Yo reidie, have you heard the new Dream Theater? I assume you have. What do you think? Is it worth picking up for the moderate fan?

Yeah schenk, picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Its definatly (along with 6 degrees) the best thing they have released since scenes from a memory... Its got a bit of everything, Heavy (dark eternal night, costant motion), stripped back proggy stuff (Repentance, ministry of lost souls) and some classic DT tracks (in the presence of enemies). I'd say yes to picking it up, its a great album... but this is al coming from a DT fanboy :loco:

Heres some youtube clips from the album:

In the presence of enemies pt 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN5CXNHCDtE

Dark eternal night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF4JD2rO3Q
(awesome instrumental section)

Yeah schenk, picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Its definatly (along with 6 degrees) the best thing they have released since scenes from a memory... Its got a bit of everything, Heavy (dark eternal night, costant motion), stripped back proggy stuff (Repentance, ministry of lost souls) and some classic DT tracks (in the presence of enemies). I'd say yes to picking it up, its a great album... but this is al coming from a DT fanboy :loco:

Heres some youtube clips from the album:

In the presence of enemies pt 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN5CXNHCDtE

Dark eternal night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF4JD2rO3Q
(awesome instrumental section)

Thanks dude...I'll check it out!