favorite sneakers?

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Hey people, I'm looking to buy some new footwear. I've been sticking with skate-type shoes since about middle school. I'm thinking I want to go with something a bit more "runners" style, even though I honestly don't do a lot of running. :lol:

Throw your favorite kicks at me with a brief description and what you like about them, if you so desire. Because I'm lost! And I'd like somewhat of an idea on what I want before I start travelling to the nearest mall which is probably 30 miles from me.

I either wear all-black Vans like these

41SNWGCVnGL._SY395_.jpg

or a pair of Skechers boots, depending on the occasion. Vans for comfort and for being sort of low-key casual and the boots for wearing with my leather jacket and camo cargos.

I read favorite speakers!lol Not that made much sense in bar section but still!
Man I need to rest, working 12h a day is killing me!lol

I'm more a fan of shoes than sneakers, hence
Hmy0PPyOgV6nbygh
I like that they're classy, well built and comfortable, while at the same time not too formal looking. After a few months of use they look much lighter and a somewhat distressed, so they end up looking more casual.

Then again, as far as sneakers go I'm okay with either Vans or Converse. Steve Madden has some nice ones too, nice quality/price ratio.

Being wearing these for quite a while; http://www.salomon.com/caus/product/x-ultra-gtx.html but I'm thinking about changing cause it's ± 2-3 years old (still in great condition). What I like is the confort and whenever I walked in water, never ever got wet. And the no-lace system. What I don't like is the fucking sqeaky sound it makes when I get on a waxed floor (job/school). It's LOUD. I also get zapped on doors; I think that shoe is too well isolated can't discharge you on the ground. So; confort/quality vs annoyments ? ;)

I have been wearing the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Mens-Proterra-Sport-Hiking/dp/B00BLQ9JHM/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=185W792T0X3Y1W1X26XX"]Merrell Proterra Sport[/ame] almost every day this year. Very comfortable without third party insoles, very light, very breathable. Unfortunately, I am super rough on shoes, so with these being cloth, they have been ripping apart, of course. I really love the way the sole feels so my next pair of shoes will probably be another pair of Merrells, but a leather model.

shoes_iaec1351155.jpg

Just found a leather upper version here that come in audio engineer black!
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Proterra-Leather-Light-Hiking/dp/B00B99L4YW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416188192&sr=8-3&keywords=merrell+proterra"]Leather Proterra Sport[/ame]

These are really good and inexpensive because forget about ever getting a woman wearing these shoes. The official "I listen to death metal" shoe.

3243_484_detail.jpg

For skateboarding i use Adidas busenitz. Not the advanced nor the vulc versions though. They're not the usual skateshoe style, but they're really comfirtable and last quite a long time.

For casual shoes I just pick what ever looks good and feels even somewhat comfortable. They're always skateshoes though.

Edit: the downside about the buzenits's is that for my wallet they're not cheap at all. And usually the black ones aren't in stock anywhere so you'll end up with all kinds if crazy colors.