Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom)
David Vincent (Morbid Angel)

Mikael Stanne
Mike Ackerfeldt
Tomas Linberg
Anders Frieden(up until around Colony)
Dave Vincent
Steve Tucker
Dallas Toller-Wade(I think its him, the guy who has the most understandable vocals in Nile)
Eric Rutan
The guy from Vehemence
Alexi Laiho
John Tardy

Board said:
That's just your opinion and that he sucks is just mine. As simple as that. Sure he served as inspiration and stuff, but because he did that doesn't make me like his vocal - I still think it sucks!

You don't like Chuck's voice. Excellent. You don't have to. But don't say the word "suck" and "Chuck" in the same sentence, that's what I'm saying in case you didn't notice.

Board said:
Well, yes I can. I can listen to them and say if I like them. I haven't found anyone I liked so I can say "I don't think there's any growlers that I think seriously have good vocals!!". Sure, they can't sing opera and an opera singer probably can't growl (although I think it's easier to learn than opera), but whether it fits the music or not still doesn't make me like it. When I listen to Marvin Gaye on "Mercy mercy me" I think "Goddamn, he has a nice voice" (and it fits the music as well), but I don't think the same when listening to Satyricon, although they're one of my favorite black metal bands. As simple as that! If I like it, I like it. If I don't, I don't.

Again, this thread is about death metal vocals. It's like if we were discussing abstract painting here, and you came and said: "Abstract painting suck because realistic painting is better, look at Velazquez".
The fact that you prefer realistic painting doesn't mean that there aren't top-notch abstract painters, you like them or not.

NONE IS VILER THAN LORD WORM
ALL HAIL THE LORD WORM
BACK TO THE WORMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
firedevil.gif
headbob.gif
sgrin.gif

Someone just mentioned Matti Karki. Fucking good choice, along with LG Petrov and whichever member of Entombed did the vocals on Clandestine, and the guy who did the vocals for Amorphis in the old days. I'm not much good at remembering Scandinavian names...

Anders Friden(ex Dark Tranquillity/In Flames)
Mikeal Stanne (ex In Flames/Dark Tranquillity)
Lady Martex (Enter Chaos)
Koen Romeijn (Detonation)

Detonation is more Melodic Thrash with some death, but still...

Quote: Originally Posted by Board
That's just your opinion and that he sucks is just mine. As simple as that. Sure he served as inspiration and stuff, but because he did that doesn't make me like his vocal - I still think it sucks!
You don't like Chuck's voice. Excellent. You don't have to. But don't say the word "suck" and "Chuck" in the same sentence, that's what I'm saying in case you didn't notice.
I can say what I want - Luckily it's still a free world we live in. I don't see why I'm not allowed to say "suck" and "Chuck" in the same sentence. The reason why we live in a democracy is so that people can say what they think, without sounding derogatory, harsh or anything, I don't really care if you can't handle that I've got another opinion than you. I hope that didn't come out to pig-ish. :)
Quote: Originally Posted by Board
Well, yes I can. I can listen to them and say if I like them. I haven't found anyone I liked so I can say "I don't think there's any growlers that I think seriously have good vocals!!". Sure, they can't sing opera and an opera singer probably can't growl (although I think it's easier to learn than opera), but whether it fits the music or not still doesn't make me like it. When I listen to Marvin Gaye on "Mercy mercy me" I think "Goddamn, he has a nice voice" (and it fits the music as well), but I don't think the same when listening to Satyricon, although they're one of my favorite black metal bands. As simple as that! If I like it, I like it. If I don't, I don't.
Again, this thread is about death metal vocals. It's like if we were discussing abstract painting here, and you came and said: "Abstract painting suck because realistic painting is better, look at Velazquez".
The fact that you prefer realistic painting doesn't mean that there aren't top-notch abstract painters, you like them or not.
That may be, but just because we are talking about death metal I don't see any point in why I should say "Goddamn, that Chris Barnes sure can sing" just because the thread is about people like him. I don't feel any need to asslicking and I don't see why I should.

Board said:
I can say what I want - Luckily it's still a free world we live in. I don't see why I'm not allowed to say "suck" and "Chuck" in the same sentence. The reason why we live in a democracy is so that people can say what they think, without sounding derogatory, harsh or anything, I don't really care if you can't handle that I've got another opinion than you. I hope that didn't come out to pig-ish. :)

That may be, but just because we are talking about death metal I don't see any point in why I should say "Goddamn, that Chris Barnes sure can sing" just because the thread is about people like him. I don't feel any need to asslicking and I don't see why I should.

You are stubborn, Board. Read carefully what I said. You will see that I'm not complaining for the fact that you don't like Chuck's voice. It's all about the way you said it. I'm asking you to show some respect for Chuck (R.I.P.) and his fans. There are many ways to say things.
Dying Sun also said that he don't like Chuck's voice before, but he said that Chuck "was never a particularly outstanding vocalist". See? There is a difference.
That's all. It's not that hard to understand, I think. Of course we are in a free world and all that stuff, but be polite man. Your freedom doesn't entitle you to bash everyone you don't like.

About the second point, if you don't like death metal singing, don't listen to it. The rest of us, can have a discussion about who are our favourites since we consider growling an art. An "special form of singing" that cannot be compared to melodic singing, for instance. It's like comparing abstract painting and realistic painting, as I said.

I'm done