Favourite drum tones?

Just because I remember how great it was the first time I heard Nicko:

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Bury your Dead - beauty and the breakdown
2. Saosin - Saosin (70lb snare fucking rules)
3. Emmure - Felony (so roomy )
4. August Burns Red - constelations :eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVYLhS2y2gs&feature=related[/ame]

Wow, its so cool how this stuff comes thru in your mixes.. I always comment on Erik's snare drums, they've always got this weird quality about them, but I'd say the exact same thing about the Scar Symm mix you posted, so I guess that's exactly what you're aiming for. Also with Ryan's snares, always this slightly tubby, sounds like the snare is fucking like 17" or something, but again that seems to be exactly what you like.

Wow, its so cool how this stuff comes thru in your mixes.. I always comment on Erik's snare drums, they've always got this weird quality about them, but I'd say the exact same thing about the Scar Symm mix you posted, so I guess that's exactly what you're aiming for. Also with Ryan's snares, always this slightly tubby, sounds like the snare is fucking like 17" or something, but again that seems to be exactly what you like.

you and your fucking dislike for tubby snares :loco:
haha

Terribly cliche I know but...

And I do mean the drums from "Ashes Of The Wake"- something about the clarity just kills me on this album.

+1 to whomever said King's X - Dogman (sorry it was 1st page can't remember that long ago already :loco:) One thing I always liked about KX drums sounds is that on every album, Jerry's snare sounds like JERRY'S SNARE, almost the same way it sounds live.

Also, this isn't metal, but I've loved the toms on this album for years:

lol I believe this is the album where Machine tracked every shell and every cymbal separately, quantized them all to the grid and mixed them together after the fact...

i meant more like constant reversed snares and cymbals and bass drops and telephone effects
all the sort of "icing on the cake" type stuff