Favourite drum tones?

I'm a huge fan of the drums on Psychic Minds by Dysrhythmia.

Last edited by a moderator:
GIVE ME YOUR MSN SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT WEIRD AS FUCK MUSIC GAAAWDAMNIT BOY

ha, dude I never use msn. Facebook though man. I checked out Barriers and Passage and it was all amazing. The ambient stuff blew away a lot of other try-hard ambient bull I've heard before, I thought it worked well with the more intense stuff... Monitors cranked and lights off - feels like a journey

ha, dude I never use msn. Facebook though man. I checked out Barriers and Passage and it was all amazing. The ambient stuff blew away a lot of other try-hard ambient bull I've heard before, I thought it worked well with the more intense stuff... Monitors cranked and lights off - feels like a journey

its easily my favourite dysrhythmia release dude. its fucking epic as hell
totally forgot it existed until thursday when we played it in the car on the way back from sunn
just sat there stoned as fuck going like :OMG: the entire time the album was on and didnt say a word, way too absorbed. that album is a fucking journey for sure man, thats the only word for it.

Dunno about the sampling, but I always thought that Dirks sound is cool

also that one is one of my favs

Other favorites of mine are Riot! by Paramore for rock and the mighty The Way of All Flesh for modern metal

The Way of All Flesh kick is pretty damn good, but the attack is just a little too sharp and "kik-kiky" (onomatopoeia-wise) to be perfect to me - to quote Aaron, I love a sorta "soggy" splat attack on kicks, especially this one (apologies for youtube quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWEMAjrmpc4

I just love how the attack is suck a punchy smack, with very little click (and what a fucking intro, too bad the rest of the song never matches that intensity IMO :()

I am a fan of kicks like this too. Kicks are are really clicky just sound plastic to me. I like a lot of attack but not a lot of click. I like the production on that album but it does pump a lot

meh, probably not to many of you guys' tastes, but I love the shit out of these drum sounds

I was trying to think of some of my favorite drummers and the albums they have appeared on, and while I'm still not sure which album sounds the best in regards to the drumming on it, you can't go wrong with anything this man has appeared on:

Ladies and gentlemen - I present Mark Zonder (formerly of Fates Warning)

The Way of All Flesh kick is pretty damn good, but the attack is just a little too sharp and "kik-kiky" (onomatopoeia-wise) to be perfect to me - to quote Aaron, I love a sorta "soggy" splat attack on kicks, especially this one (apologies for youtube quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWEMAjrmpc4

I just love how the attack is suck a punchy smack, with very little click (and what a fucking intro, too bad the rest of the song never matches that intensity IMO :()

Yeah, Devin's work on that Misery Signals album is awesome. That kick sound is great.

Has anyone here listened to Oceana's "The Tide"? The kick sound on that album is absolutely perfect for the mix.