Favourite Opeth Quote

Toronto gig in 2003:

some drunk girl up in the seated area took her top off and the whole band stopped mid-song so mike could comment on the boobs! the smile on his face was priceless! don't remember the exact words

Demilich said:
Toronto gig in 2003:

some drunk girl up in the seated area took her top off and the whole band stopped mid-song so mike could comment on the boobs! the smile on his face was priceless! don't remember the exact words

i wonder if Anna will read that :lol:

Mr. Bland said:
Just remembered this one.

From the end of the Harvest video.

"You gotta get your fucking shit together man! You know who I am? I'm fucking Mikael!:heh: "

I thought it was "I'm fuckin' Butt!"... but whatever:loco:

Someone referred to it before but my favourite was at a Brisbane show where it was one of the sound techs birthdays... but Mike didn't know his name or how old he was so we sang Happy birthday to Jeff the Cunt who was turning 60:lol:

I've never had the pleasure of seeing Opeth live. I don't think I'd wanna in Montreal. I saw Dream Theater/Yes play there, and the place was hardcore snobby-like. It was like me and my girlfriend were the only ones who cared. We were all smashing stuff, and everyone else was just trying to find money to go get a beer. Anyways, favourite quote has to come off the DVD then:

"So, are you guys ready to make this place into some, Fuckin' uh...I Don't know....Hell?" - Mike

Memorable, man!

i live in montreal, ive seen opeth live three times in the past year and a half. snobby? not really. you need to get out more imho.

That's good to know. It must have just been that one time. I'm from Halifax, so no shows have ever been there except for Slayer/Damageplan played 2 years ago and I nearly got killed about 15 times.

While I'm talking with a Montreal native, have you heard anything about Martyr? They were one of my favourites, but they just kinda disappeared after Warp Zone.

Martyr recorded a new album this summer and it will come out in November, there will be a show at the Medley to launch it November 11th. Check out their website : martyr-canada.com

Awesome band can't wait...