Favourite song(s) of 2008?

I haven't heard anything totally mind blowing this year (heard lots of stuff that just blows though), but I'll have to go for one of Gojira's new songs as some have mentioned. Probably Toxic Garbage Island... that song is just wicked.

Im gonna pick Dancers To A Discordant System by Meshuggah. Opening riff is SO heavy. Bleed is cool too, but this is my favourite on the album (and the year 2008 :)).

Jeff Loomis - Miles of Machines
Opeth - The Lotus Eater
Scar Symmetry - Artificial Sun Projection
Darkane - The whole album...

Yeah, Burden rules, and I love the ending UNTIL it does that stupid "playing while detuning" thing - honestly, what the motherfuck, that album takes the cake for "most songs with retarded endings I always skip," namely the back-to-back "Heir Apparent," "The Lotus Eater," and of course, "Burden." Excessive self-indulgence = GAY.

Gojira - The Art of Dying

Meshugga - Bleed

Cynic - Evolutionary Sleeper

Arsis - Servants to the Night

Gojira's Toxic Garbage Island

Opeth - The Lotus Eater

Warrel Dane - Your Chosen Misery

Jeff Loomis - Miles of Machines

^ These.

Yeah, Burden rules, and I love the ending UNTIL it does that stupid "playing while detuning" thing - honestly, what the motherfuck, that album takes the cake for "most songs with retarded endings I always skip," namely the back-to-back "Heir Apparent," "The Lotus Eater," and of course, "Burden." Excessive self-indulgence = GAY.

I liked the detuning thing. It reminds me of modern classical guitar type music with weird shit in it. And since I play classical guitar, I found it entertaining. :loco::loco::loco:

You're gonna enjoy it! Saw them this summer, and fuck me, it won't get much better than seeing Future breed machine live :)
They played a great show in Perth, and Future Breed Machine kicked everyone's asses. :kickass:

My favourite tracks from this year (all probably already been mentioned):
Jeff Loomis - Jato Unit
Gojira - Oroborus
Meshuggah - Bleed
Opeth - Hessian Peel