Favourite song(s) of 2008?

After The Burial - Rareform
Light This City - Stormchaser
Gwen Stacy - The Life I Know
From A Second Story Window - Conversations
Stick to your Guns - Comes from the Heart

best Song: IWRESTLEDABEARONCE - Tastes Like Kevin Bacon

edit: whoops, I listed albums :X

Let's see, I'll check my Last.fm's top tracks for the past 12 months. Here they are (minus pre-2008 songs):
-Nine Inch Nails - Discipline
-Nine Inch Nails - Echoplex (these are probably here because they were the first songs that were posted)
-凛として時雨 – Telecastic fake show
-Meshuggah – obZen
-Meshuggah - Bleed
-凛として時雨 – 24REVERSE
-Meshuggah - Combustion
-Nine Inch Nails - The Four of Us Are Dying
-Nine Inch Nails - 1,000,000
-Meshuggah – Pineal Gland Optics

These aren't completely correct, as I haven't had enough time to listen to some stuff that's only come out recently, such as:
-Dir en grey – VINUSHKA
-Dir en grey - 蜷局
-Fell Silent - Double Negative
-Fell Silent - Age of Deception
-Medeia - Descension
-Medeia - Devouring

That band is weird, but im glad people are liking it.. it takes time i guess, and the male singer is a bit screechy, but i love the female vocals.

Haha, it's the exact opposite for me :lol: The female singer is also often out of tune in live videos. But yeah, quite a unique band and great music! I've known them for some time already actually, but haven't managed to grab any cd's until now.

It's been said but Jeff Loomis' "Miles of Machines" is a masterpiece. I wish I could meet Jeff Loomis just to shake his hand and say, "You're a bad ass".

Testament - For The Glory Of / More Then Meets The Eye

I waited for them at Sweden Rock in the gazing heat, with an ice cold beer in my hand, and when they enter the stage and starts "For The Glory Of", i get these huge chills sent down my spine(Never had that kind of a chill before, and i wasn't even a Testament fan at the time.).
Im still waiting for them to release a tour-dvd or something, because i had cameras all over me when i thrashed the shit out of the front row! :headbang:

It was a great album but over a NEVERMORE album?! :zombie:

Don't get me wrong, they are all great albums and I listen to Nevermore everyday, but albums like the Self-Titled, DHIADW and EoR have some weak tracks that I find myself skipping over to get to the golden tracks. What I was trying to say was Praises to the War Machine is a better album overall than some of the NM albums I mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, they are all great albums and I listen to Nevermore everyday, but albums like the Self-Titled, DHIADW and EoR have some weak tracks that I find myself skipping over to get to the golden tracks. What I was trying to say was Praises to the War Machine is a better album overall than some of the NM albums I mentioned.

haha ya I understand where you're coming from with the self-titled album.