Fear Factory and LoG Tour

dilema1362 said:
because alexi's massive 5'4" stature would scare the crap outta me :Smug:

no, but the fact that he can play circles around the guy on guitar and sing better at the same time could account to something.

for the most part i think throwdown was cool about it, the vocalist was the one who brought it up on sunday and got everyone chanting again. i'd be pissed if were him getting the bodom treatment. at least they had a few fans there.

everytime i've seen bodom the crowd reaction has been awesome. i think the band was having fun too, a couple of kicks from Alexi and some extended screams. when Alexi started talking about the ny crowd i thought he was gonna try and get everyone to go crazier, then he just goes and says the philly crowd was better. and SNBN, wish they would of thrown in COB also. they've gotta headline next time around...the ny show is impossible for me.

-- said:
for the most part i think throwdown was cool about it, the vocalist was the one who brought it up on sunday and got everyone chanting again. i'd be pissed if were him getting the bodom treatment. at least they had a few fans there.
Exactly. He didn;t get pissed about it and lash out at the audience. He ignored it and played to the people who were enjoying their music. Like me.

The only time he seemed to get agitated was on Saturday, when, like I said, he was trying to dedicate their song "Forever" to my friends' friend's memory. But he didn't lash out, he very calmly asked the crowd if he could please finish what he was saying, and asked if they could show some respect for her.

EternalMetal said:
I was at the Troc on sunday. I was almost right in the front and to the left. It was pretty close to being frontrow center because of the video camera equipment, so i had good placement.

and my brother caught one of Bodom's drumsticks!!! Thats was awesome. I was wearing a Fear Factory shirt than i bought when i walked in. I figured i would put it on rather than hold onto it.

Bodom's sound was kind of distorted. They played excellent, but the guitars were a little low in the mix in the beggining, and it was distorted a bit. They sounded better last time. Hate Me is still my favorite song they play live. It was so good.

Then Fear Factory came on and they were amazing. I was surprised how good they were. Herrera (sp?) was fucking insane, best drummer ive seen live by far. They were great.

then Lamb of God came on, and i have to say i was very impressed. they played so clean and amazing. They were right on. The crowd went totally crazy and the whole place was just crazy pushing. Then their was a good circle pit going on for a little bit. I was about 2 rows back, but in the front and center toward the end of the show. and the last time he crowd surfed i motioned him to jump and he nodded his head and then leapt. That was awesome cause i like had to hold him up. Then we pushed him back on stage.

It was a kickass show. I wish bodoms sound would have been better, but i left happy. Sorry to say, but Bodom was not the highlight of the evening. Except my bro getting the drum stick. I got a drumstick from my favorite band. That was cool. I cant wait for them to come back headlining. I know they will just sound amazing when they get their sound all perfect. They had it really good last time i saw them.

Yeah I love Lamb of god, they are local from Chesapeake, va... so they went really crazy when they were here. However, there was no wall of death. Every other time I have seen l.o.g. they have done the wall of death... but by the time it was all over, I don't think the crowd could have taken the wall of death... we were beat. Kind of like after seeing slayer... it’s like you can't take it anymore and are begging for it to be over...haha!
I also agree fear factory was really good. At the Norfolk show, Burton was a little off when he was singing; I don't think he could hear himself very well. But last time I saw them, they was great...
Children of Bodom were great also, that was the whole reason for coming for me, because I have seen l.o.g. and ff soooo many times. C.o.b was great, and there seemed to be a lot of fans there too. Some people left after Bodom, and went outside... when we were leaving the fan boys were flocking around their tour bus waiting for Bodom to come out... however, Bodom was getting drunk on the second floor...haha! It was funny... I wish I could have met them. Well at least Henkka…haha.
:headbang: :worship: :headbang: :worship: :headbang:

perfecterror said:
yeah i did! you must have seen me! i was the blond girl with the arch enemy shirt on. were you near to me? :wave:

I was! I stood about maybe 6-8 feet to your right! Black haired guy with a black long sleeve shirt on.

<----me in the picture, to get an idea of what I look like (in form, anyway)

I just went to the show last night in tampa. I was dissapointed with Throwdown because im a big fan and the vocalist mic sucked supreme wang. but we still had fun even though there were like 8 hardcore kids there. next time they need to stay on a hardcore tour.

children of bodom being my favorite band did not dissapoint for me seeing them the first time. they are just overall amazing, alexi just blew me away and my two friends were blown away as well for not being foreign metal fans (they stick to a lot of american music). i loved the set list, i only didnt know two songs but i still head banged and proudly pay for it today with a stiff neck.

fear factory blew and it was so great cause we kept taunting them and talking sh!t. the lead singer even pointed my friend out and said"this guy is ruining the show" HAHA loser. we kept flipping them off and told them how bad they suck.

lamb of god of course raped. their sound was a little distorted and you couldnt understand a lot of what he said. but it was great to see him puking after we left behind the venue. (where did he find time to throw on his glasses and then start puking after black label i wonder?)

xBloodOfAThousandX said:
fear factory blew and it was so great cause we kept taunting them and talking sh!t. the lead singer even pointed my friend out and said"this guy is ruining the show" HAHA loser. we kept flipping them off and told them how bad they suck.

damn, Fear Factory owned. wtf are you talking about? At least at the show i was at his voice didnt crack, he sang really well. Yea, the funny thing about that is that you told a really good band that they suck. seriously, do you really think Fear Factory SUCKS? You may not like them, but you cant say they suck.

EternalMetal said:
damn, Fear Factory owned. wtf are you talking about? At least at the show i was at his voice didnt crack, he sang really well. Yea, the funny thing about that is that you told a really good band that they suck. seriously, do you really think Fear Factory SUCKS? You may not like them, but you cant say they suck.

yeah i honestly say i dont like em and they suck. there are bands that are out there (or have been out there) that i dont like but i think have talent and dont suck (examples megadeath, led zepplin, def leopard, chimara) but i absolutely believe fear factory sucks the wang. there guitar riffs are simple to follow, their stage perfomance sucked (really just because you have a thousand flashing lights means your stage performance will increase) and their lyrics are just horrible. i swear they wrote them all in 5 minutes. i think the only think they got going for them is their drummer, he was at most decent (although honestly that was a huge kit and for what he was doing he could have a lot less, compensating for something maybe?). i wish fear factory would have headlined just so i could have left after lamb of god.

I heard that the fear factory drummer's drumkit had two double kick pedals that hit not only when you press down but also when you let go...so....thats kind of wussy, is that true? Its quadrupling the kick speed, its like having four pedals...sounds good, but isn't very hard to do...

Thanatopsis said:
I heard that the fear factory drummer's drumkit had two double kick pedals that hit not only when you press down but also when you let go...so....thats kind of wussy, is that true? Its quadrupling the kick speed, its like having four pedals...sounds good, but isn't very hard to do...

nope he was using just two pedals with one kick on each on a two bass drum set.

xBloodOfAThousandX said:
i absolutely believe fear factory sucks the wang. there guitar riffs are simple to follow, their stage perfomance sucked (really just because you have a thousand flashing lights means your stage performance will increase) and their lyrics are just horrible. i swear they wrote them all in 5 minutes. i think the only think they got going for them is their drummer,
Right on, I saw them on the October 15th show in MA, and they were really bad. I didn't really do anything to the members, i just didn't headbang, or really do anything while upfront. Except for when i saw the LOG guitarist standing backstage, i pointed to him and gave him a thumbs up....the bassist for FF might have seen it....but no biggy.

xBloodOfAThousandX said:
yeah i honestly say i dont like em and they suck. there are bands that are out there (or have been out there) that i dont like but i think have talent and dont suck (examples megadeath, led zepplin, def leopard, chimara) but i absolutely believe fear factory sucks the wang. there guitar riffs are simple to follow, their stage perfomance sucked (really just because you have a thousand flashing lights means your stage performance will increase) and their lyrics are just horrible. i swear they wrote them all in 5 minutes. i think the only think they got going for them is their drummer, he was at most decent (although honestly that was a huge kit and for what he was doing he could have a lot less, compensating for something maybe?). i wish fear factory would have headlined just so i could have left after lamb of god.

please dont deny the talent of an actually good band. and herrera is like a god on the drums, please dont make fun of him. The almight CoB drummer is nothing compared to him. He runs with the best, so dont make fun of him. And i think they played a very good live set. Im not s huge fan,. but they definetly dont suck. You may have just heard the wrong albums, as they have released a lot of shit. Get Soul of A New Machine.

check out the replica video, 1 kick on each. on stage i still think it's a great show, it's more about the songs, since they don't move around as much as they used to. on obsolete tour they had smoke and the strobe and opened with shock and everyone went nuts. i like lyrics on demanufacture and soul of a new machine better, but the story on obsolete that pulls them all together is really cool. and above all, they are great guys, and archetype has really brought them back from...well digimortal. just wish they would have mixed up the set some more...can't wait for next headlining show.

I saw COB on Tuesday night at House Of Blues-Orlando. They did amazing!!!
I will try to remember all the songs they played
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Needled 24/7
Sixpounder
Hate Me

And I cant remember the rest. Sorry I have a very bad memory.
Then Fear Factory played and my friend and I went outside by the back doors and that is how I met Alexi.

Awesome night!!!