Fear Factory and LoG Tour

I was at the Troc on sunday. I was almost right in the front and to the left. It was pretty close to being frontrow center because of the video camera equipment, so i had good placement.

and my brother caught one of Bodom's drumsticks!!! Thats was awesome. I was wearing a Fear Factory shirt than i bought when i walked in. I figured i would put it on rather than hold onto it.

Bodom's sound was kind of distorted. They played excellent, but the guitars were a little low in the mix in the beggining, and it was distorted a bit. They sounded better last time. Hate Me is still my favorite song they play live. It was so good.

Then Fear Factory came on and they were amazing. I was surprised how good they were. Herrera (sp?) was fucking insane, best drummer ive seen live by far. They were great.

then Lamb of God came on, and i have to say i was very impressed. they played so clean and amazing. They were right on. The crowd went totally crazy and the whole place was just crazy pushing. Then their was a good circle pit going on for a little bit. I was about 2 rows back, but in the front and center toward the end of the show. and the last time he crowd surfed i motioned him to jump and he nodded his head and then leapt. That was awesome cause i like had to hold him up. Then we pushed him back on stage.

It was a kickass show. I wish bodoms sound would have been better, but i left happy. Sorry to say, but Bodom was not the highlight of the evening. Except my bro getting the drum stick. I got a drumstick from my favorite band. That was cool. I cant wait for them to come back headlining. I know they will just sound amazing when they get their sound all perfect. They had it really good last time i saw them.

mind you this is the MA set, so we had most of these guys local, but....

some highlights:

1. Brian Fair of Shadows Fall came out to scream the "Destroyer of senses" part of 11th Hour, and then he stage dived.
2. Howard Jones of Killswitch Engage came out, carrying Steve Austin over his shoulder
3. Steve Austin of Today is the Day came out to sing his part of Terror and Hubris
4. the usual Wall of Death for Black Label

Setlist: in order except for a couple of songs in the middle

Laid to Rest
Hourglass
As the Palaces Burn
Now You've Got Something to Die For
11th Hour
Terror and Hubris in the House of Frank Pollard
Omerta
Ruin
Pariah
The Faded Line
Bloodletting
Subtle Arts of Murder & Pursuasion
Vigil
What I've Become
Black Label

EternalMetal said:
then Lamb of God came on, and i have to say i was very impressed. they played so clean and amazing. They were right on. The crowd went totally crazy and the whole place was just crazy pushing. Then their was a good circle pit going on for a little bit. I was about 2 rows back, but in the front and center toward the end of the show. and the last time he crowd surfed i motioned him to jump and he nodded his head and then leapt. That was awesome cause i like had to hold him up. Then we pushed him back on stage.

It was a kickass show. I wish bodoms sound would have been better, but i left happy. Sorry to say, but Bodom was not the highlight of the evening. Except my bro getting the drum stick. I got a drumstick from my favorite band. That was cool. I cant wait for them to come back headlining. I know they will just sound amazing when they get their sound all perfect. They had it really good last time i saw them.

How many Bodom fans were there? I was wondering because there were a ton Saturday.

No they didn't do the Wall of Death on Saturday when I saw them.

TowardsDeadEnd said:
How many Bodom fans were there? I was wondering because there were a ton Saturday.

No they didn't do the Wall of Death on Saturday when I saw them.

Their was a lot of bodom fans. the bodom chants were pretty loud, so i assume a lot of people their liked bodom. this one girl in front of me stayed just for bodom and then left.

During black label their was kind of like an attempted wall of death, but nothing was really accomplished. Their was some insane pushing though, and a nice circle pit.

Lotta Bodom fans in Philly. even the hardcore kids were two-stepping for them(myself included). All in all I had a great time both nights, and my body is still sore from the pits Sunday night. (Throwdown and Lamb of God especially, since I don't mosh)

EternalMetal said:
how about i make my own pit and start punching people for fun?
That's what throwdown pits are like, if you were there Saturday or Sunday. you go in there and start swinging, and kicking. It's fun.

Ok, all this disrespect for Throwdown I have to address real quick. First off, they are not metal at all. They're hardcore. Not metalcore(In Flames or At the Gates with breakdowns), straight up hardcore. Heavy punk, basically. Not nu-metal or anything like that.

Second, for more personal reasons, I have to defend them. First off, I wouldn't have gotten into the show on Saturday at all if it wasn't for them. Long story that I don't need to reiterate here, butthey went on stage at 7, and at 6:58 their singer came outside to tell me I was on their guestlist. Besides that, my friend(Dmanxpit on these boards) recently had a friend die in a car crash. Her favorite band was Throwdown. Dmanx talked to the guys before the show, and they were kind enough to dedicate a song to her memory, and while their singer was doing this, everyone was telling him to shut up and get off stage. So if you were one of those people, to you I have this to say. Fuck off. You are not worth the time it's taking me to type this post, and I hope I punched some of you in the face on either night. This is a band whose songs are all about unity, respect, friendship, and family, and they deserved at the very least some respect for getting up and stage and trying to entertain you.

God, did LoG (and Throwdown) suck!
I was trying to put up and see how they'd be during the DVD recording (was up front row center) but ended up leaving in the middle of their setlist the first day. And fuck them for cutting Bodom's setlist short to set up their DVD shit. The second day in Philly I didn't even bother to stay for FF and LoG. I left right after CoB and got wasted with some good company, hehe.

And I'm glad to say they played Silent Night Bodom Night the second night! :kickass:

Eternal Metal: I stayed for Bodom only on Sunday and then left. I was the LONG haired girl in the front row headbanging like a mother fucker.

What else did Bodom play on Sunday night? God I wish I would've gotten to hear SNBN.

I'm not a hardcore fan, but I would say Throwdown sounded like they were better than Hatebreed.

And btw plfffft, agreed, the amount of disrespect for Throwdown was sickening. Not a fan, but I have to give them props for getting up on stage and trying to entertain us.

plfffffft said:
That's what throwdown pits are like, if you were there Saturday or Sunday. you go in there and start swinging, and kicking. It's fun.

Ok, all this disrespect for Throwdown I have to address real quick. First off, they are not metal at all. They're hardcore. Not metalcore(In Flames or At the Gates with breakdowns), straight up hardcore. Heavy punk, basically. Not nu-metal or anything like that.

Second, for more personal reasons, I have to defend them. First off, I wouldn't have gotten into the show on Saturday at all if it wasn't for them. Long story that I don't need to reiterate here, butthey went on stage at 7, and at 6:58 their singer came outside to tell me I was on their guestlist. Besides that, my friend(Dmanxpit on these boards) recently had a friend die in a car crash. Her favorite band was Throwdown. Dmanx talked to the guys before the show, and they were kind enough to dedicate a song to her memory, and while their singer was doing this, everyone was telling him to shut up and get off stage. So if you were one of those people, to you I have this to say. Fuck off. You are not worth the time it's taking me to type this post, and I hope I punched some of you in the face on either night. This is a band whose songs are all about unity, respect, friendship, and family, and they deserved at the very least some respect for getting up and stage and trying to entertain you.
They sound like pretty nice guys. I can't get into their music, but people should atleast be polite and respect them while they're up there. It takes balls to get up and play your music in front of a lot of people.

Hilda said:
God, did LoG (and Throwdown) suck!
I was trying to put up and see how they'd be during the DVD recording (was up front row center) but ended up leaving in the middle of their setlist the first day. And fuck them for cutting Bodom's setlist short to set up their DVD shit. The second day in Philly I didn't even bother to stay for FF and LoG. I left right after CoB and got wasted with some good company, hehe.

And I'm glad to say they played Silent Night Bodom Night the second night! :kickass:

Eternal Metal: I stayed for Bodom only on Sunday and then left. I was the LONG haired girl in the front row headbanging like a mother fucker.

oh, the girl i was next to didnt really have long hair. Regular girl length hair. I cant believe you thought LoG sucked though. I wasnt their on saturday night, but i was on sunday and they were amazing. Im not much of a fan, but i had such a good time. The music sounded perfect and right on and the crowd was crazy.

and for throwdown, they did suck. but i have to say that i hate hardcore, so im not much of a judge. their frontman was good at getting the audience going though. they put on a good show though.

I'm going to have to agree with plfffffft, but only to a certain point. While I didn't really enjoy the Throwdown set at all (not my type of music) I do agree that it's insanely disrespectful for someone to scream "you suck" or "get of the stage" to the band. Getting up on a stage in front of a lot of people to play music takes a lot of guts in the first place, but the band also seemed to be doing what they could to try and get the audience moving towards having a good time. So if you're one of the people who likes to yell bad things towards the band onstage, try getting up there on your own and doing it first, at least try and respect the band for what they are doing for you.

I was actually sickened at the way people treated Throwdown, and I fucking hate their music. The thing that sucked though... The kid who was yelling "FUCK YOU!!!! YOU FUUUUUCKING SUCK" the most... was.. RIGHT behind me. And the vocalist of Throwdown kept trying to spit on him and it was hitting me. Anyway though, I'm trying to start a band, and I was just thinking about how horrible I would feel if people treated my band like that when we got on stage. One thing though, when everyone chanted Bodom, the Throwdown bassist chanted "scrotum" in the mic, so fuck him. That's just as bad as what the crowd was doing.

Yea I heard the Throwdown bassist chant "scrotum", asshole sank down to the level of some of the people in the audience.

I would get aggravated too if that happened to me. That would suck to play and get all that shit just because its not your show.