Fear Factory

Diluvial_bloodshed

Sorrowblood
Oct 11, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Okay, not only do these anal rentitive blood clots suck beyond comprehension, I would also like to know how they are metal? and I'm talking about from Concrete to Soul of a New Machine, because the newer stuff is clearly not metal, but I guess the old stuff can be debatable

Christian? he's the only descent one in FF, Burton C. Bell is below mediocre, Dino bangs on his guitar, simply, as does Mick Thompson, making a feeble attempt at a notable musicianship performance, Raymond Hererra is a terrible drummer, and I know some of you may be thinking " oh yea, is he? if he sucked he wouldn't get those reverbs " Anyone, provided you get a good enough drum set, can easily duplicate those beats with triggers, as he uses

how are later FF metal though I could sit here and say Boyzone are metal but I can't back that statement up, not a single FF fan that I know has ever had a backing arguement to why they are metal. The first albums Concrete and Soul Of A New Machine possed death metal qualities but what about the others?

Death metal qualities..so does Slipknot? you gonna call them metal too?

Anyone can have death metal qualities..but to be actual death metal is different

I'll use an example:

Say a guy wants to run for president, he has all the senate approval and everything, he has say..elegibility, but he's also 31 or something, too young for elegebility, so he can't be all-out president, although he does have charecteristics and is very persuasive and is a superior deliverer of speech

Sorry for the bad example, my mind is blank right now and is the best l can come up with

They havent been metal in my book since Demanufacture- but i love the pre-demanufacture stuff- and who said herrera is a terrible drummer- for shame

Well correct me if I'm wrong here but on the review for Concrete back when they were first making it I'm talking before RR even signed them, the demo when heard was considered as Godflesh mixed with Napalm Death I believe it was now both them bands were metal and pretty good at that, which is why RR never released it because they didn't like the style of it untill now. I'm not an FF fan but concrete possessed heavy death metal infulence although it was a bit shitty due to Dino on guitar is a bad choice, I'd still say there was death metal in there and call both A Soul Of A New Machine and Concrete metal, and I know a few reviewers who would agree with me there.

quick question for Diluvial_bloodshed here because I noticed on the goregrind post you didn't even consider Dying Fetus metal, so define what you consider metal.:D

This may be a fallacious statement: I don't think words can describe metal, I think it's something to be defined by another principal

But, looking closer define what I consider metal, I may be wrong but I get the feeling by the word consider you mean bands, so, to me, here are some bands that are the epitome of real metal:

Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Testament
Iron Maiden
Queensryche
( old ) Metallica
Metal Church
Megadeth
Manowar
Death
Deliverance
Accept
Carcass
Spiral Architect
Symphony X
Sentenced
Nevermore ( unfortunately )
Twilight Symphony
Opeth
Black Witchery
Sodom
Grave

and for grindcore, I think Exhumed sets a good standard, I mean look and Forged In Fire { Forged In Flame }

But if your saying metal is an opinionated thing, it could be slightly opinionated, for example:

It's very debatable at say..AcDC being metal, but saying slipknot is metal as an opinion, that's blatant stupidity of the highest order

Hatebreed & Fear Factory aren't metal???? And fucking Queensryche is??? Do they even know what palm muting sounds like? Slipknot is closer to metal than Queensryche, easily. I just think a lot of people like to bash Slipknot because they are mainstream now and an easy target. I think it's trendier to be a Slipknot-basher than a Slipknot fan. :devil:

Queensryche- was metal up till i would say empire- promised land is very very good- but not metal. If one listens to the Warning or Operation Mindcrime- one would know they were metal.
Slipknot, however sounds like confused warblings without any musical talent or directions. Why did they become popular is my question?