Female fronted bands I've just gotten into...

Check out Angtoria

This is the brainchild of Chris Rhen who once upon a time had a short stint in Evergrey as their keyboardist and has the might vocals of Sarah Jezebel Deva. Its awesome to say the least.

http://www.myspace.com/angtoriaofficial
I second that...fairly underrated/unknown band that had a very good debut...hopefully there's more in store. As for others, I really dig some usual suspects like Epica, Nightwish, and After Forever. Oh, and J-Dub mentioned Triosphere, whose vocalist/bass player has a rougher voice for a gal...pretty good power/prog from Norway.

1: Arch Enemy
2: NightWish
3: Crisis (r.i.p)
4: Catheter (r.i.p)
5: Lacuna Coil
6: Walls of Jericho
7: In This Moment
8: iwrestledabearonce
9: Ashley Pond
10: Wicked Wisdom

Check out Angtoria

This is the brainchild of Chris Rhen who once upon a time had a short stint in Evergrey as their keyboardist and has the might vocals of Sarah Jezebel Deva. Its awesome to say the least.

http://www.myspace.com/angtoriaofficial

Wow, I didn't realize Chris "ex-Evergrey" was behind Angtoria!

Definitely! :headbang:

They only have one album out though, as far as I know. Which is a shame. And I like Sarah Jezebel Deva because 1.) she's got a powerful alto, which is uncommon enough in the world of female sopranos fronting metal bands. 2.) She doesn't look like just about every other female fronting a metal band. While eye candy is nice, it's also great to see a more curvy lady representing women in metal. And she wears it well. Yay Sarah! :)

Agreed. And she is pretty cool in person. (Plus, she used to sing for Therion. :kickass: )

She did kinda freak out when she asked to sign a dead pig's head after a Cradle of Filth show here. She did it, though. :lol:

Sister Sin
Triosphere
Anything with Leather Leone on it.....(Chastain, her solo cd Shockwaves)

These are all rockin' choices! :headbang:
Did I ever tell you that you have excellent taste! :headbang: :lol:

Actually it's good to see a lot of bands that I've been touting for a little while getting some recognition on this thread (Angtoria, Edenbridge, Beautiful Sin, Luna Mortis, etc).

Some other good stuff with female vocals that I've been currently digging on:
A.D.D. - Hard and Heavy Rock Metal, singer reminds me of the Cranberries slightly

Blood Corps - this one is local to me, but they are really kick ass, think Godsmack with a really soulful female singer

Crystal Viper - if you like Chastain, Vainglory, Benedcitum or Triosphere, you will probably like Crystal Viper.

Dreamaker - female fronted power metal, what else can I say? I love both of this band's albums, but particularly Human Device.

Imperia - Helena Michaelsen is one of the most under recognized vocalist out there IMO. She is incredibly talented and I've really enjoyed Imperia's more recent material. Queen of Light is a great album!

Unfortunately for the folks like me who can't get enough of female vocals, most of the female fronted metal acts out there will never get enough unified support from the PP audience to be seen on this festival, but occasionally Glenn brings us one great one as a treat.

SHADOWSIDE

http://www.myspace.com/shadowsideband

shadowside2006.jpg

What about persephone's dream? They played in prog power at the showcase a while back and kicked major ass. Their stage performance was one to remember.

Another band that I would recommend is Octavia Sperati. They are an all female fronted band and very enjoyable to listen to. I would not mind seeing them landing a gig at prog power one year.

What about persephone's dream? They played in prog power at the showcase a while back and kicked major ass. Their stage performance was one to remember.

Another band that I would recommend is Octavia Sperati. They are an all female fronted band and very enjoyable to listen to. I would not mind seeing them landing a gig at prog power one year.

Octavia Sperati went on "break" in July 2008, there have been no updates since, and their website is down. Not sure they'll ever come back from the break. :-/

Octavia Sperati went on "break" in July 2008, there have been no updates since, and their website is down. Not sure they'll ever come back from the break. :-/
Their vocalist Silje is rumoured to be the new vocalist of The Gathering.

One of my overall favourite female-fronted metal albums is still "Within The Veil" by Fear Of God, featuring Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.) on vocals. Dawn's haunting vocals on this album (which is one of the darkest ever) are still unmatched IMO.

Holy cow, what a coincidence--I just pulled this out about a month ago and played for Jim and Su. Jim and I'd had a discussion about female metal vocalists, and I'd said I didn't really like any (yeah, so why was I reading this thread again?? lol). Then I remembered this, and promised to bring it over next time. Very haunting is a great description--definitely not anything like your Nightwish, lacuna Coil, After Forever type bands. I wasn't crazy about the next one, but I played the hell out of Within the Veil. Good mention.

Btw, I just read this on Wikipedia: "she reformed the band with members of Wrathchild America and released a heavy Pantera-esque album called Beyond the Veil." Don't suppose you've heard this? I used to adore WA (and Pantera) back in the day, too... this sounds interesting. Didn't realize she'd died either. :(

Patrick, if you think you'd be interested, I'd be more than happy to lend you my disc. I'm sure it's out of print. Not sure it'd be your cup of tea, though.

Shaye

Aran said:
My favorite female fronted band, maybe something you'll like

I remember seeing a post about them a while back and thought they were pretty cool, though I had forgotten about them when I started this thread. thanks for the reminder. Definitely a good band.

Patrick, if you think you'd be interested, I'd be more than happy to lend you my disc. I'm sure it's out of print. Not sure it'd be your cup of tea, though.

Shaye

I'd definitely give it a listen to.