Female fronted bands I've just gotten into...

I'll also throw some support behind Crimfall. As soon as I started listening to As the Path Unfolds I was blown away. Really amazing album especially from a group that I was previously unfamiliar with. A few other female-fronted bands I would recommend are Delain, Krypteria, Leaves' Eyes, Lunatica, Xandria, Elis, and Forever Slave.

Forever Slave.
The only one that you listed that I wasn't already familiar with, but wanted to say thanks for recommending this one. I just checked out their myspace and really dig what I'm hearing. Definitely on the more gothic end of things so I was a little skeptical at first, but I really like the heavier, crunchier vibe that is underlying in their music. :headbang:

I was huge fan of older Theatre of Tragedy...
I like Epica, Within Tempation, After Forever, To-Mera and of course Arch Enemy, but that's whole different thang!\m/(><)\m/

I also like the use of the female vocal chanting at the beginning of their one song. Very nice!
I'm not sure if this is going off-topic (since the following clips are not metal), but since you said you liked the female vocal chanting at the beginning of one song (I think you refer to the first one on the myspace-page), maybe you'd like one (or more) of the following songs from a Swedish-Finnish folk rock band:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if they've been mentioned yet, but "Suicide By My Side" by Sinergy is a disc I've been spinning a lot lately. When I first heard Kimberly sing, I was shocked she was female lol because of her aggression and intensity.

I'm not sure if this is going off-topic (since the following clips are not metal), but since you said you liked the female vocal chanting at the beginning of one song (I think you refer to the first one on the myspace-page), maybe you'd like one (or more) of the following songs from a Swedish-Finnish folk rock band
Thanks for the recommendation. I checked out all of the first video and about half of the second two. While I found some of the melodies interesting (was that a sitar I heard in the one?) and some of the chanting enjoyable, overall it didn't really do anything for me.
I don't know if they've been mentioned yet, but "Suicide By My Side" by Sinergy is a disc I've been spinning a lot lately. When I first heard Kimberly sing, I was shocked she was female lol because of her aggression and intensity.
Sinergy is awesome! :headbang: It's too bad they are pretty inactive at this point.

The only one that you listed that I wasn't already familiar with, but wanted to say thanks for recommending this one. I just checked out their myspace and really dig what I'm hearing. Definitely on the more gothic end of things so I was a little skeptical at first, but I really like the heavier, crunchier vibe that is underlying in their music. :headbang:

I'm glad I was able to help you find a new band. I was looking through my itunes and came up with a few other female-fronted bands that I didn't see listed. Elis , Nemesea , Magica , Mortal Love

Lumsk (Not quite metal, but I love her voice and the video has a trombone solo)

Deadlock (On almost all the other songs there are male screams/growls with intermittent clean female vocals)

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently

Crystal Viper
Sister Sin

Not so long ago

Benedictum
Phantom Blue
Volnaya Staya
Doro

Quite awhile

Warlock
Acid
Znöwhite
Stos
Girlschool
Rock Goddess
Nightwish (four first albums only)
Lana Lane
Kurgan's Bane
Forgotten Tales
Blackmore's Night
Dunwich
Stormwind (second album only)
Mastermind ("Angels Of The Apocalypse")

Shared duties (male vocals too)

Within Temptation (until "Mother Earth")
Lacuna Coil (until "Comalies")
Beholder
Beto Vazquez Infinity
Ayreon

Impossible to get on CD

Satanic Rites

As the huge Gathering geek that I am, I am refreshing their myspace and website every 2 minutes.... They will officially announce the new singer (although we are almost sure who she is) and post some news songs tonight! :)