Festivals

The Soul Evisceration solo was much cooler at The Wacken Carnage, even though now it was played by the book.

Ruun even though you are right I think it's alright to say when things go wrong, I'm pretty shocked about Mike's voice, you can tell in the clip Leimy posted, it's so fucked up to be a vocalist + having health problems like allergies, it hits me now and then and it's really irritating when you have to shorten your growls..

Nice photos too, Mike's hair looks like some 80's female haircut in the pic Tumn pointed out.

The stage lacking Dan's presence is really the only thing wrong, for this, The Wacken Carnage is a timeless masterpiece.

Mike's MySpace blog from yesterday:
Monday, August 11, 2008

Hater of the rotten earth!

Hey people!

Just got back from the 2 shows we did with Bloodbath! Great fun! We played at the Party.San festival in Germany and at the Pellavarock fest in Finland. I was really sick with the flu/sore throat and so was Axe so the 2 rehearsals we did for the shows was a drag, really! During the shows I had to blow my nose all the time, which probably isn't the best for death metal cred, but what the hell?

The first show was pretty disatrous. The sound on stage was out of control and none of us could hear anything at all. Not a great show but fun nevertheless. They only gave us a 15 minute changover so we didn't have time to do a proper line check. Loads of people there and I guess most seemed to enjoy themselves, but we really though it was horrendous, haha!

The 2nd one was way better...both me and Axe we're doing slightly better yet I still had to blow my nose all the time. It was a tight show with much better stagesound yet a lot less people being a smaller festival in the woods.

Our dress-code? Blood infested, mud caked, worn, torn shitty old t-shirts, black pants and some blood all over...the usual stuff.

It was great times overall, I thought I'd be miserable being sick and being so busy with Opeth, I was on the verge of calling it off, but truly ended up having a great time.

So, we'll go under the surface again now, but do check out the album once it's out....it's cool as....hell!

Cheers
Mike
So indeed, he wasn't feeling too well.

Here's the bands I saw btw and how much I enjoyed 'em:

Skyforger - 8,5/10
Really funny latvian guys who played a great set. I'm usually not into this viking stuff but this gig rocked.

Dismember - Too drunk to remember really

Hail of Bullets - 8/10
Pretty cool gig fueled mostly by what a great frontman Martin van Drunen is. Better live than on cd for sure.

Bloodbath - 9/10
Played a great gig in line with my expectations. Didn't really notice that some of the guys were sick more than a couple of vocal screwups that weren't that important.

Bolt Thrower - 6/10
They were okay, not one of my favourite bands on the festival but a decent gig

Insision - 9,5/10
Probably the most energetic gig on the festival with some awesome stage presence from mr. Birath. I've seen this band 8 times or something and this was the best Insision gig so far.

Facebreaker - 7,5/10
Paled a bit compared to Insision but played a cool gig. The knockout combo of my three favourite songs in a row (Dead, Rotten And Hungry, Soul Eater and Unanimated Flesh) was the best thing about it.

General Surgery - 6/10
Watched them a bit while eating/drinking on the festival area and they're definitely okay. Not my style fully but a well performing live band.

Legion of The Damned - 9/10
Great gig by a band that definitely suits very well live and especially for festivals. Extremely headbangable!

Behemoth - 5/10
I really don't like this band more than about three songs and this gig showed why. One of the most overrated in metal.

Obituary - 5/10
Watched a bit of it but I really don't like 'em. The music is just kind of.. there.

Didn't even watch Unanimated... tsk tsk.. :bah:

Unanimated would have been a cool gig if it wasn't for the bass-player acting so unprofessional when the sound screwed up. From what i could see it was his own pedal that was the fault, once that was removed there was no problems at all.

Besides this it was a very cool gig imo.

Hello all!
I have a few Bloodbath videos, the first one is on youtube now, the rest to come later, uploading takes really long...
It's filmed by my sister (I told her NOT to zoom during recording...)
Anyway, I'm glad I survived the gig, I think the show was awesome although I was pretty busy headbanging and fighting, so I can't really say much about the band's performance. I liked the song choices, always could have been more of course... ;)
Bloodbath finished at midnight and then we kicked off my friend's birthday party and continued partying all night!
Didn't see that many other bands on the festival. Legion of the Damned seemed pretty cool. I did watch Unanimated but I don't remember much 'cause all I had in my mind was Bloodbath.
Cheers to Stefan& Vivi!
:headbang:

I hope this works.
If not, just go and search yourself on youtube.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bYZvPMbH8ro"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bYZvPMbH8ro" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>