Fett me kärlek (or there and back again)

phyre will be back by mid-July he's on vacation or smt

Siren (kidnapper)

Okay, here's part 3:

I had somehow thought they would start with Monochromatic Stains, so it took me a couple of seconds to realize the intro was that of The Wonders at Your Feet. For a fraction of a second I pondered how similar those two intros were - and then Mikael started and all thoughts escaped my mind. For almost an hour we just :headbang:ed, jumped, headbanged and screamed our lungs out (to that extent that when Mikael several songs later finally came with the mike to let me and Daniel sing on it, I barely got a whisper out...).

I looked a couple of times to the left to see who were the people on the center (we were on the right, just in front of Henriksson) that tried to push us even further to the right, but didn't look once behind, so I have no idea how much people there were watching the show. Someone pushed me against the fence (over which I almost climbed several times) now and then, so I assume there were people behind me...

The show itself was one of the best I have ever seen - if not the BEST! The setlist was great (although missing UnDo Control and Not Built to Last because of that f**king Bad Cash Quartet...:mad: ) - I didn't pay much attention to the music on the first two songs, but just watched Mikael's vivid performance and screamed like crazy. Once I noticed that The Sun Fired Blanks had just ended almost without me realizing which song it was, I concentrated my mind more on the music and let my body act on pure drunken metal concert instincts every Finn developes at the age of three.

Final Resistance was a strange experience. Having heard it only a couple of times at Daniel's home, I was surprised of how well it worked live - being less straightforward that Monochromatic Stains (played a bit later) it still managed to fully grasp the audience (or at least me). Mikael is indeed an awesome frontman: his moves and expressions fit the atmosphere of each song so well; and he is in touch with the audience every moment, looking us straight to the eyes with such confidence on his cause that they could have played polka and still half the people there would have enjoyed the show!

The trio with the axes is not much behind in stage performance - Nicklasson twists his face and tongue almost like Gene Simmons, while Henriksson and Sundin pose with their legs spread and mosh on the fast parts. Niklas later told me he had a headache (a hungover...) on the stage and indeed his face didn't look that happy - he played very well, nonetheless, even the solos (eat that Misanthrope! :p)! However, for some reason his guitar wasn't as audible as Henriksson's - perhaps it was due to the fact that we were standing closer to Martin's amplifiers..? Anyway, it bothered me at first that a couple of times I had to stop my screaming to clearly hear Niklas playing. Martin's playing was pleasing not only to eyes, but also to ears - now I know where his imago as the ever-calm viking comes from. Too bad the photo I took while Mikael was holding the "horns" on Martin didn't work out...

Jivarp and Brändström contributed to the show with only their musical effort, as they could be barely seen behind those four showmen. Nevertheless, their playing was flawless to my ears - there wasn't too much extra keyboards on the old songs and Anders can still pound the drums pretty damn fast.

That much "old-timer" I am that the highlight of the show for me was definitely Punish My Heaven. As mentioned before, Mikael came down to us with his mike near the end of the song and me and Daniel screamed on it together with him - that is something I won't forget in a couple of centuries. After "Punish" there came these two faster songs, Zodijackyl Light and Feast of Burden, that I have never been so fond of on record, but goddammit they work well live! Zodijackyl Light had a sudden stop in the middle, where both the band and the audience went quiet and even Mikael was still for a moment (he later told me of a funny thing that happened on Japan, where they did the same thing: some Japanese guy didn't realize the playing had stopped and kept screaming - that's what all those bonus-tracks cause, says the Doctor).

Hedon was great at the end of the show, but everyone was still waiting for at least one song, when those security people came to tell Stanne that the show was over. Mikael tried to show with his fingers that "five more minutes", but to no avail :cry:. I shall never forgive Bad Cash Quartet! :mad:

Happy midsummer to everyone - don't drown yourselves!

-Villain

That is a cool story! Wow!

Hehe, giving the finger to that pop band is a good thing. How about throwing glass bottles or pigs' blood at them and the audience? Well, maybe just swearing at them. That would have been cool too. Someday the pop band will be attacked by thousands of rabid fans when they are headlining, or they will go to jail...

Originally posted by Siren
phyre will be back by mid-July he's on vacation or smt

I hope he comes back soon. It seems more quiet here without him...

Thanks for once again reminding me of what happened. Will there be a part 4? And can you skip the part where I puke?

Originally posted by mousewings
they will go to jail...
Guess what, they did :D

Originally posted by mousewings
I hope he comes back soon. It seems more quiet here without him...
So, why do you want him to come back? :D [j/k] :p

I want the whole pop band to be in jail, not just the lead singer. In fact, all pop bands should be in jail. :D

Uhh... I'm not answering that. :D :p

Originally posted by At The Gates
Will there be a part 4? And can you skip the part where I puke?

Yes, I will write the fourth part someday; it just might be that you need to wait for that for some time - I'm not feeling very well right now (not because of any sickness, not because of any woman and not because of alcohol) and the next week of mine will be busy. I'd also like to participate on the Round Robin thread, but it seems that is not possible before next weekend - so if there are any slots still open by then, I'll take one.

Anyway, happy summer to everyone - I'll come here whenever I can! :loco:

-Villain

well, i'd like him to come back too, but i don't really want anyone to accuse me of being emotionally compromised with phyre, so i'll spell it very clear: stay away, phyre, you're as good as dead to me! :mad:

better? :)

rahvin.