FIFA 2010 World Cup Thread

Alongside Death

On The Descent To Hell
Oct 9, 2005
The match opening the Cup was great, though South Africa was more determined I think, Mexico had an godawful goalkeeper. Discuss the Cup you bastards! :kickass:

Viva la espana! :kickass:

We already have a thread for this man. But yeah good ending to the opener. The first half was boring, but SA surprised.

Yeah. The South Africans had a late chance to win, but they hit the post. Good game from both teams.

Has it ever struck anyone that France almost never has any ethnic Frenchmen on their teams? What's it gonna be today, Ribery?

Gourcuff, Lloris and Toulalan are the only ones I consider French.

Anyway personally I thought it was a pretty crappy first day all round. Both games bored me. And the entire atmosphere is completely ruined by those piece of shit horns.
Football chants and the atmosphere it creates is almost as important as the football itself, hence the 12th man. In this case you cant hear any cheers, booes, songs, just a constant uuurrrrnnnnnn.

Stupid, thick my pals, learn how to chant/cheer.

the entire atmosphere is completely ruined by those piece of shit horns.
Football chants and the atmosphere it creates is almost as important as the football itself, hence the 12th man. In this case you cant hear any cheers, booes, songs, just a constant uuurrrrnnnnnn.

Stupid, thick my pals, learn how to chant/cheer.

Both were pretty good games. Also, half of the players in the French team don't know their country's anthem.

yeah indeed he did.
So far, none of the three big teams that played (France, Argentina, England) were THAT good. The "little" teams (with all due respect) were more entertaining imo.
I'm waiting for Algeria's match tomorrow :kickass:

SCREW YOU MR MAKESHIFT ENGLISH GOALKEEPER.

Where is that Hart guy? He's so much better!

i agree. both green and james are mistake-prone as fuck, joe hart's only problem is his dodgy distribution which is hardly so problematic. he has an air of authority about him too whilst the other two are all too self-conscious.

i have england making the semis on account of them having a relatively easy draw. haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise; this isn't a particularly strong world cup, most of the big teams are either defensively very frail or lacking a creative spark. there's a major gulf between brazil/spain and the others (granted both are yet to play, but i think this will become abundantly clear). wouldn't put it past italy to grind out another WC win mind you. interested in seeing the krauts today - that group's the most fascinating one by far.