FIFA 2010 World Cup Thread

yeah indeed he did.
So far, none of the three big teams that played (France, Argentina, England) were THAT good. The "little" teams (with all due respect) were more entertaining imo.
I'm waiting for Algeria's match tomorrow :kickass:

You're right. None of the big teams were good, they were all disappointing especially Argentina, what an under-performance from them. I was waiting for the game to finish 3-0 or something. Let's see what will Germany do today.

They almost did finish 3-0. The goalkeeping was top notch. Excellent play from Messi. I think ARG showed most promise out of the bigger teams.

They almost did finish 3-0. The goalkeeping was top notch. Excellent play from Messi. I think ARG showed most promise out of the bigger teams.

They were almost going to draw. I was just waiting for the equalizer goal from Nigeria.

Indeed, now Serbia's quite promising.

EDIT: How the hell did the Algerian keeper let in that goal after one heck of a save in the ending of the first half?!

Yeah. And Serbia's promising, but the attacker isn't on his top game. Absolutely no physical presence on him. They need something like an Adriano in front, they way they play.

zBOSA-500x375.jpg

And the entire atmosphere is completely ruined by those piece of shit horns.
Football chants and the atmosphere it creates is almost as important as the football itself, hence the 12th man. In this case you cant hear any cheers, booes, songs, just a constant uuurrrrnnnnnn.

Stupid, thick my pals, learn how to chant/cheer.

Fortunately some responsible white people are now trying to get those horns banned from the games. It becomes a chore to watch as it is now.

I thought the Aussies would put up a good challenge and maybe sneak it's way through to a draw. But seeing the way they just got so comprehensively owned by Germany, I wouldn't be surprised if the Germans made it all the way through. That was some beautiful entertaining, yet effective football to rejuvenate the tournament. Actually, I like all three games of today.

Good entertaining game from Germany, and a very bad performance from the Aussies. They've lost their strength since the last WC. Though i don't think Germany will be this good, if they face the bigger teams, since they have a weak defense. We'll see what Holland and the Italians will do today.

Though i don't think Germany will be this good, if they face the bigger teams, since they have a weak defense.

yeah but name a big team that doesn't have a weak defense, aside from brazil (oddly enough).

podolski is the best striker of the ball in the world. last two world cups when everyone else has been struggling with the ball he hits every damn thing on the sweet spot, every time.

agreed about the horns, fucking ban them now. not because they're annoying but because they suck all dynamics out of the atmosphere and create monotonal football as a result. the horns coupled with the ball are why this world cup has been so utterly shit so far.