Finally anounced: New lineup!

AnTz0r

Crimson King
Oct 16, 2004
Netherlands
Reign in Blood: New lineup revealed

9:56am Today

So the time has come for Bloodbath to once again poison the scene with a contagious doze of über brutal death metal. An old acquaintance in this zombified bloodline has once again re-visited his old home. We can now announce that the vocalist on the new mini-cd is none other than Mikael Åkerfeldt courtesy of Opeth.

Second deathster to join the elite is Mr Per 'Sodomizer' Eriksson (ex-21 Lucifers, ex-Genocrush Ferox). Sodomizer's brutal death metal songwriting approach as well as guitar shredding is a highly welcomed element in the legacy of Bloodbath.

View the new lineup: http://bloodbath.biz

Good to see that Axe is still in the lineup.

You know, if Per is Katatonia's guitar tech, all 5 members would be present on an Opeth/Katatonia tour! Special encore song maybe on melloboat?

BB is pretty out of place on that boat imo, so it will probably happen.

Now all we need is the new disc in our hands!
Oh and Jesse need to update the member-section on the homepage.

Never heard of per either.....but I'll be listening to a lot of him now!!!!!!! lol, I go to the BB home page (like usual) and I'm about to hit the forum button and I realize that something's not right....what's that pictu....EXCELLENT!!!!!

From Opeth.com

Mikael back in Bloodbath!
If Pure Death is your thing then maybe this is a happy day for you. Mikael Åkerfeldt has returned to the vocal position in Bloodbath. It's been kept secret since the Summer of 2007 when Mike was asked to record vocals for 4 new tracks destined to be released as the "Unblessing of purity" EP. The band consists of Mikael - Vocals, Axe - Drums, Blakkheim - Guitars, Jonas - Bass and Sodomizer - Guitars. Watch this space for release dates on the EP. Also, the now legendary Wacken 2005 appearance DVD will come out in a near future through Peaceville records. On top of this there's plans to record another full lenght record which will be the 3rd since the band was formed in 1999. This will possibly be recorded during 2008.

Do you think Per will get to write some of the song like DAN did? if he doesn't get to help write, then what's the point of having him? I mean Blackheim could just do all the guitars on the mini-cd if he didn't help write . . . . ?

The newsupdate sure implies that he will...

"Sodomizer's brutal death metal songwriting approach as well as guitar shredding is a highly welcomed element"

Best news of the fucking year. Not even "so far" as there isn't much news that could be better than this. The Wacken DVD + new MCD, new full-length, possibly a new full-length?! Fucking ace.

lol, this is like christmas all over again. lol, we could go months on just a single blakkheim post and now we have a DVD confirmation, line up confirmation and new cd confirmation! I CAN'T.....TAKE IT!