Something worth while...

Pivologas

Capt. Drinkalot
Apr 12, 2009
In a keg
After I read that Bloodbath is under new managment, I went to NMC's website and found this:
Bloodbath

MySpace: www.myspace.com/bloodbathband

What started off as a group of friends who wanted to let off some steam while paying homage to old school death metal legends such as Entombed and Napalm Death quickly became a full fledged super band, receiving huge critical acclaim immediately after the release of their first '99 EP 'Breeding Death' even though this was no more than a few tracks that were quickly put together during their initial jam sessions.

The band, currently consisting of Opeth's Mikael Åkerfeldt & Martin Axenrot, Katatonia's Anders Nyström & Jonas Renske and latest member Per Eriksson (21 Lucifers, Genocrush, Ferox), has since produced three full length studio albums, a second EP and a legendary live album recorded at the world's biggest metal fest; Wacken Open Air in 2008.

Their latest album, "The Fathomless Mastery" was released world wide by Peaceville Records in October 2008 and has reinforced the band's super group status even further.

Despite the members' busy activities with their main bands, they still tour as Bloodbath wherever possible and 2009 will see them play a number of Europe's biggest summer festivals. To see which ones, be sure to check out their official website for the latest info.

EDIT: I hope they say Wacken. They have two "Special secret shows" planned durring the first two days. I hope it's them...

http://bloodbath.biz/?p=165

NO LIVE PERFORMANCES IN 2009
Posted on February 22nd, 2009 by Blakkheim | 56 Comments

Unfortunately, we’ve to announce that Bloodbath must pass this summer’s festival season. Mike and Axe have both confirmed they’re too occupied with Opeth and can not commit to any live shows with Bloodbath until 2010, the earliest. Recruiting live replacements for Mike and Axe have been considered, but is right now not going to be possible for technical aspects and neither appropriate for obvious reasons. So for now, we simply have to hope for more luck and better timing next year if Bloodbath shall return to the stage. With that said, we would like to thank all promoters who’s shown a great interest in Bloodbath performing at their shows and we’d also like to send our apologies to our fans for not meeting your expectations this time.

http://bloodbath.biz/?p=165

NO LIVE PERFORMANCES IN 2009
Posted on February 22nd, 2009 by Blakkheim | 56 Comments

Unfortunately, we’ve to announce that Bloodbath must pass this summer’s festival season. Mike and Axe have both confirmed they’re too occupied with Opeth and can not commit to any live shows with Bloodbath until 2010, the earliest. Recruiting live replacements for Mike and Axe have been considered, but is right now not going to be possible for technical aspects and neither appropriate for obvious reasons. So for now, we simply have to hope for more luck and better timing next year if Bloodbath shall return to the stage. With that said, we would like to thank all promoters who’s shown a great interest in Bloodbath performing at their shows and we’d also like to send our apologies to our fans for not meeting your expectations this time.

I think what he is saying is that the new management post is newer, therefore it's possible something changed and they may do a show or two now.