finally put my new Slate Drums 1.5 in action...

Wow James, awesome. Do you mind sharing what you used for EQ/compression on the lead vocal? It's perfect.

eq - oxford w/ hpf in.. small mid cut... slight boost w/ hi shelf, comp - rencomp @ about 4:1. basic stuff really. the guys did record the vox decently.. just did a bit of tuning and verb and a bit of delay otherwise.

What did you use on the guitfiddles man!!!!!????? It's killing me tha guitars sound so FAT. Biggie biggie biggie.
the rhythms are mostly Madison Divinity.. blended in a tiny bit of krankenstein as sort of presence boost... just a bit though. mostly you're hearing madison.

Bass is not to low as you know james. In fact, I'm a bit hesitant to say it may be slightly to much. I also am one who feels it has a touch of muddiness to it. Maybe thats not the right way of saying it. It just doesn't seem as polished? as your previous mixes. :erk: I don't know. It still sounds great anyway and these problems (if they actually are problems) are so minute that it doesn't even matter really. You're the pro, not me. Definitely not me :lol:

quite the mixed response... it's interesting and good to see.... mostly, ;) ... i'll post the final when it's eventually done... this was a quick test mix to see if i'll get the job mixing the whole CD.

Bass is not to low as you know james. In fact, I'm a bit hesitant to say it may be slightly to much. I also am one who feels it has a touch of muddiness to it. Maybe thats not the right way of saying it. It just doesn't seem as polished? as your previous mixes. :erk: I don't know. It still sounds great anyway and these problems (if they actually are problems) are so minute that it doesn't even matter really. You're the pro, not me. Definitely not me :lol:

Honestly, and I'm not jumping on you at all, I think that the slight sag in the lower register is inherent in the genre and sounds fine. Big radio-rock guitars like Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Evans Blue, Chevelle, etc all have that big low end and tons of ambience with the layers. I think it sounds pretty appropriate being that it's not a super-tight metal style, y'know? I could be wrong, though.

Ha! Well this thread got interesting.
See James? if I guessed right off I would have ruined it!
I'm impressed with the madison, I figured they'd be bunk.
oh yeah, and James, keep trying to play guitar mate, someday you'll get there.

:lol:

I am Sancho (I know at least one person here will get that reference!)

Dude, I don't want to sound like a queer or nothin, but i think depeche mode is a sweet band!

On topic, I think the mix sounds great..one of the things i liked the most was the bottom end. Great vocal sound too!

The only thing that I don't care for..which is a preference..is the high hat thing going on in the verse, it's panned out so far everytime he hits it it pulls my attention away from the vocal.

guitars are awesome too. James always tears it up.

I am Jim Gillette

Yea right, and I'm James Murphy...
You cant be because he is I.

Serious though. I thought it would come to this. I been talking to others from the forum on aim and mentioned that I thought this very metal guy was just someone from the forum that made another login because they don't have the balls to say those things from their own identity. and here we are. nice.