Finally saw Alive 2

Thrash fiend said:
Alive 2 is fucking great to me,excellent sound and just explosive and belladonna sounds so much better than what he was sounding like in the days just before they split (92?). I dont know though, i really dont trust scott or Charlie,I just cant help it.Also with Belladonna back in the band and so happy about it, and with so many bush era fans feeling a bit screwed, I guess this will all end it tears whether they decide to keep this classic line up or whether they dont and they are driving themselves into a dead end.

Scott posted how nobody talks about how good it is that Frankie is in the band, maybe it just never occured to him that since they are being so vauge about the singer that nobody knows if Frankie is long haul either.

I think the fact that they have no clear direction is making them look foolish. I love Bush's voice but I like Joey as well. Earlier I posted that Joey had good stage presense but John and him were different. With Joey the band as a whole on stage seems down to earth and party like on stage. It's like watching your buddies play a show. With John they seem larger then life on stage, it's more animal. I like them both. Being a Bush fan, I'll buy a Joey album if they do one. Although I hope they do a Bush one just to piss off all these Joey lovers on here who can't even entertain the idea they made good music without this guy.

I guess my whole problem is that they are being so vauge an wishy washy. When I first got back into Anthrax Scott had his alpha male stuff and the band seemed so not corperate. Now they have a paid fan club, no clear direction, and just seem phony as hell since they clearly have no loyalty to their members. I feel sorry John, but I also think it's gotta suck to be Joey in all this as I'm sure he wants to know the future for him, and even if Scott and Charlie told him he;s the guy their sticking with you know he doesn't entirely trust them either.

It's kind of sad really.

I havent picked up the dvd yet but the CD's sound quality is superb,,much better than the MMD cd as far as sound quality

sumairetsu said:
I still haven't picked up this disc because of the bad taste left in my mouth on the engineering on M.O.M.D.

This one isn't as kick drum/bass frequency heavy as M.O.M.D., is it?

If it isn't, I'll pick it up.

Scott was referring to the overall song arrangements not necessarily the vocals,,for example, on TGOTE, the groove / crunch on songs like 'keep it in the family" sounds better than the original studo recording

The recent live and re-recording of their classic songs sound better as far as arrangents and sound quality

whitey131 said:
But Scott disagrees. How it is supposed to sound is subjective.

ghoststrike said:
Scott was referring to the overall song arrangements not necessarily the vocals,,for example, on TGOTE, the groove / crunch on songs like 'keep it in the family" sounds better than the original studo recording

The recent live and re-recording of their classic songs sound better as far as arrangents and sound quality

He personally explained this to you?

Hey,I have said many times how glad I am Frank is back! Hopefully atleast he will stay regardless of where they go from here.

Thrillho said:
Hey,I have said many times how glad I am Frank is back! Hopefully atleast he will stay regardless of where they go from here.

I agree but who knows. It's like survivor with a soundtrack.

ghoststrike said:

That is such a crock of shit. Scott says this shit to try and sell records. What do you think he is going to say "well the newer stuff isn't as good as with Joey but its ok" OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO SAY ITS BETTER. Just as right now he will say how much better they sound with Joey to sell out venues.

About "Keep it in the family" being better than the original studio recording you have got to be fucking kidding me. That song sounds like SHIT on TGOTE compared to the Persistence of Time version. There are some decent songs on TGOTE but Keep it in the family sounds like shit

ironmaidenfan09 said:
That is such a crock of shit. Scott says this shit to try and sell records. What do you think he is going to say "well the newer stuff isn't as good as with Joey but its ok" OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO SAY ITS BETTER. Just as right now he will say how much better they sound with Joey to sell out venues.

About "Keep it in the family" being better than the original studio recording you have got to be fucking kidding me. That song sounds like SHIT on TGOTE compared to the Persistence of Time version. There are some decent songs on TGOTE but Keep it in the family sounds like shit

I thought it just sounded slower then the original. Belly of the beast was the only one I thought that stunk on that cd. John's got sort of a hard r on the you walk this earth without a heaRt.

whitey131 said:
Scott posted how nobody talks about how good it is that Frankie is in the band, maybe it just never occured to him that since they are being so vauge about the singer that nobody knows if Frankie is long haul either.

I think the fact that they have no clear direction is making them look foolish. I love Bush's voice but I like Joey as well. Earlier I posted that Joey had good stage presense but John and him were different. With Joey the band as a whole on stage seems down to earth and party like on stage. It's like watching your buddies play a show. With John they seem larger then life on stage, it's more animal. I like them both. Being a Bush fan, I'll buy a Joey album if they do one. Although I hope they do a Bush one just to piss off all these Joey lovers on here who can't even entertain the idea they made good music without this guy.

I guess my whole problem is that they are being so vauge an wishy washy. When I first got back into Anthrax Scott had his alpha male stuff and the band seemed so not corperate. Now they have a paid fan club, no clear direction, and just seem phony as hell since they clearly have no loyalty to their members. I feel sorry John, but I also think it's gotta suck to be Joey in all this as I'm sure he wants to know the future for him, and even if Scott and Charlie told him he;s the guy their sticking with you know he doesn't entirely trust them either.

It's kind of sad really.

Good post!:worship:

whitey131 said:
I thought it just sounded slower then the original. Belly of the beast was the only one I thought that stunk on that cd. John's got sort of a hard r on the you walk this earth without a heaRt.
So that's why it stunk? I dunno, I never liked the original that much, so Bush singing it was cool with me. I love Keep it in the Family on 2 Evils.

By the way, good post back there, Whitey.

Carcassians law: (2006)

An internet theory which postulates that any given thread, if allowed to spread for longer than three pages, will inevitably end in a comparison between "old" Anthrax and "New" Anthrax. Theorists believe that if unchecked, this problem could spread to actual, real life conversations between humans, and that by 2009, 92% of all discourse will centre on which version of "I am the Law" is superior.

At the time of writing, there is no known cure.

Carcassian said:

An internet theory which postulates that any given thread, if allowed to spread for longer than three pages, will inevitably end in a comparison between "old" Anthrax and "New" Anthrax. Theorists believe that if unchecked, this problem could spread to actual, real life conversations between humans, and that by 2009, 92% of all discourse will centre on which version of "I am the Law" is superior.

Wham's version of I am the law is the best.

The Reunion?

End play of the game.

Same with Kiss.

End play.

Van Halen reunion with Hagar?

End play.

It's over. :Smug:

Carcassian said:

:worship:
No matter how they word it the subject is beyond tired.

spacebeer~ LOL I guess you haven't read the latest show reviews! the band has never been better! it's yet to start!

Mabye they should go see what they are missing at the shows instead of crying on their keyboards .:D