Finally saw Alive 2

Horse. Dead. Beaten.[/QUOTE]

Understatement of the year so far. The horse has been beaten, skull-fudged, buried, dug-up, skull-fudged again and turned into glue.

Case closed....wait no, i rest my case.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
shutup1.jpg

The end of Anthrax was when White Noise came out and Anthrax turned into a different style of music than the amazing thrash metal they have done. Now Anthrax is finally BACK and you stupid kids that know not a damn thing about Metal or what ANTHRAX is about have to cry like little bitches. If you don't like it just shut the fuck up and leave the forum and go listen to some Nu Metal which you like

AMEN brutha!!!

whitey131 said:
Big suprise hat one aging guy clinging to his youth would agree with another.

You are such a little pussy... What the hell do you know about me or my age. And why does being happy about the reunion make someone old and aging you fucking retard? As far as I know John Bush is about the same age as everyone else. Does that mean you are still having wet dreams and waiting for your first pube??? Does it make you young and hip to like John Bush???

tomass74 said:
You are such a little pussy... What the hell do you know about me or my age. And why does being happy about the reunion make someone old and aging you fucking retard? As far as I know John Bush is about the same age as everyone else. Does that mean you are still having wet dreams and waiting for your first pube??? Does it make you young and hip to like John Bush???

Now, it means anybody who uses the "you don't know what real metal is about" qualifier in their arguments, then tells you "real" metal is what was made over 20 years ago. Read the friggen post you agreed with. All you guys who are full on in love with the idea of Joey in the band seem be just as blind to the fact that they made good music with John then the same group who are blind to Joey being a talented guy. The only difference is the ever present, Joey's here to stay attitude which is comical at best given that there seems to be no clear loyality in that band. I'm pretty sure the bulk of you guys really wouldn't like a new Anthrax album with Joey much anyway because a bunch of you guys clearly don't listen to new music much. There's nothing wrong with that other then that they'll make a reunion record, and it will sell some. All the old guys will talk about it being good but not as good as Among the living, and then the next one won't sell much.

And for the rercord I'm not part of the young hip crowd. I'm a 30 year old guy with 2 kids. I find it funny as fuck that becuasse I prefer (key word here) the Bush era Anthrax that I must be some 14 year old poser who is only ino bands with a DJ in them. It's the most retarded half ass way of thinking on earth, and you agreed with it.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
shutup1.jpg

The end of Anthrax was when White Noise came out and Anthrax turned into a different style of music than the amazing thrash metal they have done. Now Anthrax is finally BACK and you stupid kids that know not a damn thing about Metal or what ANTHRAX is about have to cry like little bitches. If you don't like it just shut the fuck up and leave the forum and go listen to some Nu Metal which you like

When S.O.W.N. came out, it was a step forward in the evolution of the band's sound. Different style of music? WTF? They became a Pop band? Unlike some bands (i.e. Motorhead, AC/DC, etc.), they actually moved forward in their sound.

Anthrax would be "back" if they were selling out theaters and arenas like they were in the late 80's and early 90's.

Just because they reformed the "classic" lineup doesn't mean that they're back.

I'd be more excited if Dan Lilker was back in the band.

sumairetsu said:
When S.O.W.N. came out, it was a step forward in the evolution of the band's sound. Different style of music? WTF? They became a Pop band? Unlike some bands (i.e. Motorhead, AC/DC, etc.), they actually moved forward in their sound.

Anthrax would be "back" if they were selling out theaters and arenas like they were in the late 80's and early 90's.

Amen!

sumairetsu said:

When SOWN came out I was in high school. I had a few Anthrax tapes (yeah I said it) but I was blown away by this. Maybe it's becuase that's when Metallica and megadeth started getting goofy, but I thought it was the shit.

max said:
"there seems to be no clear loyality in that band."

interesting point

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel for the guys who aren't Charlie or Scott becuase they can't feel good about their place in that band.

When I saw them in Chicago Joey looked like he was really happy to be there, you know it was very sincere. He looked like he felt he was home. You gotta imagine what it's like to be that guy? To have all these interviews where scott is going I don't know what's comming next. You have to imagine the anticipation is killing him, same goes for John. Is Frankie in for good or is this just the reunion?

I think it would drive me nuts.

whitey131 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel for the guys who aren't Charlie or Scott becuase they can't feel good about their place in that band.

When I saw them in Chicago Joey looked like he was really happy to be there, you know it was very sincere. He looked like he felt he was home. You gotta imagine what it's like to be that guy? To have all these interviews where scott is going I don't know what's comming next. You have to imagine the anticipation is killing him, same goes for John. Is Frankie in for good or is this just the reunion?

I think it would drive me nuts.
EXA-DIDDLY-ACTLY!!!

ye exactly. scott has not once said what he/charlie WANTS to do next with the band. all he says is stuff like we don't know what will happen next, who the singer will be etc.
either he is being ultra mysterious which could be a good thing in this age of internet "instant news" - or they are waiting on contractual things to be sorted out until he can say anything.

tomass74 said:

LOL totally agreed! John Bush is just as old as Joey is, well give or take a few years. It only vouches for Joey musical integrity and his totally non conforming attitude to dress just the fuck what he thinks is right!

I thought metal was supposed to be about long haired dudes, and just because MTV has moved on doesn't mean he's not metal anymore or anything....

Til now old school metal has always been there while trends come and go, in 10 years we'll laugh our asses off at bands like TRIVIUM, HATEBREED, GODFORBID, GODSMACK or whatever is popular these days and MAIDEN and PRIEST will probably still be there playing huge venues.

spacebeer said:
LOL totally agreed! John Bush is just as old as Joey is, well give or take a few years. It only vouches for Joey musical integrity and his totally non conforming attitude to dress just the fuck what he thinks is right!

I thought metal was supposed to be about long haired dudes, and just because MTV has moved on doesn't mean he's not metal anymore or anything....

Til now old school metal has always been there while trends come and go, in 10 years we'll laugh our asses off at bands like TRIVIUM, HATEBREED, GODFORBID, GODSMACK or whatever is popular these days and MAIDEN and PRIEST will probably still be there playing huge venues.

This isn't about fashion, it's about you guys who have decided that NONE of the new music out today is any good. It's not the music guys, it's you. Your getting older and soon enough your favorite stuff will be on an oldies station.

I am sure that they will be pulling up to their 25th class reunion in their rusted out Camaros wondering where their mullets went too. Spacebeer, it is okay to progress and move forward. You don't have to live in your Joe Dirt time capsule forever. I highly doubt Maiden and Priest will still be playing huge venues 10 years from now let alone 5