Finally saw Alive 2

spacebeer said:
LOL I guess you haven't read the latest show reviews! the band has never been better! it's yet to start!

You're right - I haven't read the show reviews. Would you like to know why?

I don't care.

Anytime that a band goes backwards like this is just a bad idea and comes across as a desperate grasp at past, faded glories. Hence...

End play. :Smug: There's nowhere else for them to go.

sumairetsu said:

I don't care.

Anytime that a band goes backwards like this is just a bad idea and comes across as a desperate grasp at past, faded glories. Hence...

I agree that I don't now and don't give a give a fuck about reviews.

sumairetsu said:

I don't care.

what a fucking stinkin pathetic attitude to have

spacebeer said:
LOL I guess you haven't read the latest show reviews! the band has never been better! it's yet to start!

Reviews actually matter? Never read a bad Bush show review to begin with. Anyway, this IS the end of Anthrax. Unfortunately.

I've also just watched Alive 2, not all of it, but a few songs. I think it sounds fantastic and the band is probably the best I've ever heard them. I'm not a big fan of this reunion, but this lineup does sound good doing the old songs, especially Medusa.

On to the documentary: I have to wonder about the meeting; it seems real, but you never fucking know.

Funny or prophetic that they kept saying that "it's like 13 years have been erased". Hmmm.

Charlie said "we made some killer records with him [John]." It seems he and Scott were trying to sound convincing, that the reunion is a good idea. 'course, they never explained WHY they did it...

johnnieCzech said:
Reviews actually matter? Never read a bad Bush show review to begin with. Anyway, this IS the end of Anthrax. Unfortunately.

Would you buy a record if they made on with Joey. I like bush way more but it's not like Joey is a complete suckass. They put on a good show with the guy.

I think this is the end of me liking Anthrax and their music if they can't shit or get off the pot with a game plan.

whitey131 said:
Would you buy a record if they made on with Joey. I like bush way more but it's not like Joey is a complete suckass. They put on a good show with the guy.

I think this is the end of me liking Anthrax and their music if they can't shit or get off the pot with a game plan.

New record with Joey? I'd listen to it without buying first. Then, who knows? It could be a killer album. Or it could not. We all know Anthrax has been forced into this by music business and there surely is pressure to revive the 80's metal sound. And that's what I'm afraid of. Because then...what? Are they going to release nostalgic, 80s metal album every three years? Surely not. Kiss released their worst selling album in the reunited lineup and they're not going to record anything anymore. Black Sabbath tour the world once in a while, playing songs from the first two albums. Like it or not, Bush's voice was what kept Anthrax relevant through the years.

johnnieCzech said:
New record with Joey? I'd listen to it without buying first. Then, who knows? It could be a killer album. Or it could not. We all know Anthrax has been forced into this by music business and there surely is pressure to revive the 80's metal sound. And that's what I'm afraid of. Because then...what? Are they going to release nostalgic, 80s metal album every three years? Surely not. Kiss released their worst selling album in the reunited lineup and they're not going to record anything anymore. Black Sabbath tour the world once in a while, playing songs from the first two albums. Like it or not, Bush's voice was what kept Anthrax relevant through the years.

Oh I agree, I like the bush stuff WAY better.

MadeInNewJersey said:
There are more fucking whiners on this forum than anyplace else here at UM, it's fucking amazing.

We got imported from the other forums. It got kinda crowded on the Arch Enemy board, right before it imploded under a tonne of unrefined whinonium.

johnnieCzech said:
Anyway, this IS the end of Anthrax. Unfortunately.

shutup1.jpg

The end of Anthrax was when White Noise came out and Anthrax turned into a different style of music than the amazing thrash metal they have done. Now Anthrax is finally BACK and you stupid kids that know not a damn thing about Metal or what ANTHRAX is about have to cry like little bitches. If you don't like it just shut the fuck up and leave the forum and go listen to some Nu Metal which you like

Carcassian said:
We got imported from the other forums. It got kinda crowded on the Arch Enemy board, right before it imploded under a tonne of unrefined whinonium.

Actually, this place is beginning to remind me of the official In Flames forum, before they decided to pull the plug on that one as well. :lol:

ironmaidenfan09 said:
shutup1.jpg

The end of Anthrax was when White Noise came out and Anthrax turned into a different style of music than the amazing thrash metal they have done. Now Anthrax is finally BACK and you stupid kids that know not a damn thing about Metal or what ANTHRAX is about have to cry like little bitches. If you don't like it just shut the fuck up and leave the forum and go listen to some Nu Metal which you like

Ha aha hahahahahahah

No wait seriously

Ha haha hahaha hahahahah!

I just want to make sure that I understand 100% clear that your saying if you prefer the Bush era music that you know nothing about metal?

You have got to be the most pathetic middle aged idiot with that kind of thinking.

I'm pretty sure that he's not saying that, and is in fact saying ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING WHINING ABOUT WHO IS SINGING RIGHT NOW.

It's Joey, deal with it. Maybe Bush will come back for those who prefer his vocals/that era of Anthrax, but jesus h. christ, enough already.

Horse. Dead. Beaten.