Find out about your friends

• Thread starter Unregistered Neverhead
  • Start date
GISJeremy said:
Screen Name/Real Name: GISJeremy/Jeremy

Profession: Environmental Scientist/GIS Mapper

Most interesting, I've just completed my degree in Environmental Management. What GIS software do you use? I've mainly just used ESRI ArcMap myself

Ahem...

Marital Status: In a relationship
Favorite Band(s): Nevermore, Arcturus, Ulver, Anathema, My Dying Bride, Bathory, Dead Can Dance, others...
Favorite phrase: "Huzzah!"
Favorite color: Neon Black :cool:
Favorite Food: Chinese
Height: 5'10
Weight: 11 stone
Favorite Singer: Garm
Sign: Cancer
Optimist or Pessimist?:
Biggest pet peeve: I do not suffer fools gladly
Type of car you own: None
Where were you born: Southend-On-Sea, Essex, England
Favorite place for weekend getaways: A hotel-room with my girl
Place you'd like to visit/travel to: Japan
Favorite type of Metal: Avant-guarde metal
Favorite part on the opposite sex: Eyes, Hair, Face, Midriff
First Concert: Slayer back at the tender age of 17
Other types of music you listen to besides metal: Gothic, Classical, New Age, anything of good musical quality
Time of day you normally wake up: between 9 and 11 nowerdays
Time of day you normally go to bed: between 12 and 2 on normal nights
Last concert you went to: Nevermore, last September
Last local show you went to: Umm, it was open mic night down at the pub I just got back from, had some very good guitarists showing off their work their
Kids: In the future, yes
Favorite type of shoe: Trainer, black, usually Nike
Current book you are reading: Have been reading Lovecraft's works lately and also started reading Fight Club a week or two ago and
Strongest Emotion you feel: Pride
Pets and their names: Tara, my Belgian-Shepherd dog

She's been a little more blunt than most of us like lately, yes. :p

I'm assuming it's an attempt at sarcastic humor.

if I don't go between the buttcheaks with a feather, I'm Trying to be sarcastic? damn.
I'm only being honest. it's a known thing that people don't dig honesty as it can be unpleasant.
plus, what is funny for me, doesn't have to be for you. I'm not trying to make you feel amused.

Well, your willingness to be directly blunt alienates friendliness and can breed hositility That's all I mean. :)

of course, I'm aware of that. by speaking my mind I show I don't feel the desperate need to be liked. people I like, know I like them. that's enough for me. and for those people. :)

Marital Status: unmarried
Favorite Band(s): Nevermore, Opeth, Bloodbath, Sanctuary, Testament, Queesnryche, The Crown, Porcupine Tree...and many more
Worst Band: Anything screamo, emo..uh..the Black eyed peas???
Favorite phrase: "like ducks in a bucket"
Favorite color: blue or deep red. Or black...even though its not a color.
Best Friend: My Justy, my doggie.
Favorite Food: Thai, Chinese or Greek
Height: 5'7
Weight: actually, I really don't know.
Favorite Guitarist: too many to name
Favorite Singer: Warrel Dane, Mikael Akerfeldt, Liv Kristine, Loreena Mckennitt, Tarja Turunen, Steven Wilson, Geoff Tate
Sign: Scorpio
Optimist or Pessimist?: depends
Biggest pet peeve: People constantly correcting me or claiming I'm wrong..people being assholes in general....
Type of car you own: A silver 1997 Honda CRV & 1951 Chevrolet Pickup..two things I refused to hand over during my parent's divorce.
Where were you born: Ukiah, CA
Favorite place for weekend getaways: Camping at the beach/redwoods.
Place you'd like to visit/travel to: Norway..to visit my relatives. All of Europe. Point Pleasant, West Virginia. :>
Favorite type of Metal: all...except hardcore crap.
Favorite part on the opposite sex: Eyes, nose, face, hair, shoulders...and hands.
First Concert: Eeeh...Spencer Brewer at Konocti harbor?? I was about 5 or 6.
Other types of music you listen to besides metal: Opera, rock, 80s...buh.
Time of day you normally wake up: 7 during the week...whenever after that.
Time of day you normally go to bed: 11pm - 5:30 am..depends on whats going on
Last concert you went to: Nevermore @ The Fillmore
Last local show you went to: Hellusinit (friend's band)
Kids: "I like kids, but I can't eat a whole one"
Favorite type of shoe: black knee high boots...the evil kind.
Favorite Movie: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind..anything by Studio Ghibli...Jacob's Ladder, Donnie Darko..
Current book you are reading: Illusions, Mothman:behind the red eyes...and a photography textbook.
Strongest Emotion you feel: sorrow, nervousness, joy.
Other boards you are on: Opeth's...rarely
Pets and their names: Dog (Penny), 2 cats (koki and Maui), saharan sand boa (Gaara), 4 rats (Daisy, Niblet, Peanut and Moomoo, 2 hamsters (Pookina and Lucifer), a betta (Choji), and countless fish that change names regularly. I have a zoo...the cats and doggie don't live with me, though.

Last edited:
Not especially. You give off double standards by being that blunt, and confuse all of us. You may not feel the need to be liked, and thats fine, but by pissing the rest of them off, you're bound for hostile conflict at some point. :err:

Suit yourself. But don't do the same IRL, people tend to take it a tad more seriously there.

Screen Name/Real Name: Reuben

Sign: Don't Walk

Marital Status: Single

Profession: counter jockey

Hobbies: Writing, RPGs, feeling superior

Fave Bands: Judas Priest, Overkill, Deströyer 666, Mercyful Fate, Kreator, early Metallica, Manticora, Virgin Steele, et al.

Fave Albums: Master of Puppets, Painkiller, Powerslave, Phoenix Rising, Melissa, The Years of Decay

Fave Football Team: here's how much i care

Fave Movies: Unforgiven; The Big Lebowski; The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly; the LOTR trilogy; Trainspotting

Fave Books: A Song of Ice And Fire (George RR Martin); A Confederacy of Dunces (John Kennedy Toole); The Stand (Stephen King); American Gods (Neil Gaiman); A Dirty Job, The Stupidest Angel, Bloodsucking Fiends (Christopher Moore); Watchmen (Alan Moore); Hyperion, The Fall of Hyperion (Dan Simmons), and more

Fave Drink: White Russians, Amaretto Sours, and anything I can mix up with Myers dark rum.

Fave Animal(s): Ferrets

Describe your personality:

Words Of Wisdom:

"Sweet lady, all men are fools, and all men are knights, when women are concerned." -Florian the Fool, A Song of Ice and Fire

"If you're gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Tuco, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, 'Hey – don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride ...' And we ... kill those people. Ha ha, 'Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because – it's just a ride." - Bill Hicks

For the record (although I don't know why anyone from Croatia would care :p), there is no hostility between Sara and I; we had to separate for reasons that I am sure she would not like me to talk about on a public forum. She's not a horny whore...at least, not last time I checked (ZING!!!)