Finnish Metal Bands

These are worth of listening from Finnish Melodic Death:

Kalmah:i think this is the most underrated band from melodic death but this is a must buy for melodic death lovers

Albums:Swamplord and this year released They Will Return
best songs: Hades, Kill the Idealist and Dance of the Water
www.kalmah.com

Elenium:this is not a very popular band but if it would get some regonization it would take off. this is very melodic, very talented and most potential melodic death to come. new demo is coming soon!!!!dont miss it!!!

best songs:Worse, What dreams may End and This side of paradise
http://members.tripod.com/elenium/

Omnium Gatherum:slow pace melodic death, reminds a bit Insomnium which has just released their debut album.

best songs:Ammo and Son's Thoughts
www.saunalahti.fi/~wanhala/OG/

Before the Dawn:young yet to come band. will rise to the top someday.

best songs:Gehenna
www.beforethedawn.com/

Some good bands:

Shaman They released their second CD Shamaniác. Very good, imo.

Moonsorrow will probably enter the studio in November/Deccember and the word is that the new album will be more progressive than Voimasta ja Kunniasta (Think that's what Trollhorn said, anyway)

Finntroll will go into studio Fredman on November 21st, so we will have to wait and see what Aamund and Kettil encounter next ;)

Insomnium has a new album out, and what I've heard so far is very memorable indeed, as Blackheart already stated. :)

Oh yeah, and Impaled Nazarene, Ancient Rites, And Oceans and all the others I forgot.

Originally posted by Repi
Omnium Gatherum: slow pace melodic death, reminds a bit Insomnium which has just released their debut album.

best songs: Ammo and Son's Thoughts
www.saunalahti.fi/~wanhala/OG/
I acknowledge, this is a great band that y'all must check out now! They are on MP3.com, surf to www.mp3.com/omniumgatherum and amaze yourselves.

They are signed to Rage Of Achilles Recs. from the UK and will soon record their debut full-length.

Originally posted by BOMBJOUR
Yearning
It's a sympho gothic doom band from finland.
The drummer is excellent and the band shows skill and taste.
have you seen them live on tour? (I see you're from france, that's why I ask :) )
does anyone maybe know if they're planning to release a new album?
I have 2 albums of them, and both are really great - to me, that is :) their first one I still have to find somewhere

Originally posted by opacity
it's called "With Tragedies Adorned" I saw it for 11 Euros:)

Ah,....I thought that..I have this one but I wasn't sure if it was their first one..All I can say: Great album...for that prize..buy or die ;)

Well haven't seen them (shame on me) during their last tour.
From what i know they are in studio with a new band line-up, to record their 4th cd (still in tico tico studio).
The first album is rather doom oriented, i like it. "Release" had to be my funeral song lol.

Finnish doom metal!

Shape of Despair
Thergothon
Unholy
Skepticism
(early) Amorphis

and others!

Rapture
This Empty Flow (2 members of Thergothon)
Uutuus