Finnish Metal...

I'm suprised nobody has started a "which Metallica album is the worst, Load, Reload, or St.Anger" thread.....maybe a good thing, it would probably get pretty heated.

Load and Reload both had some really great songs. Fantastic even. They were just too different to be called metallica and too inconsistent as albums to really be worth anything, but if they just took selections from both albums and released them as one cd it may have gone over better.

St. Anger has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Oh yeah....another Finnish metal band I love is Skepticism. Great Funeral Doom metal.

I've come to embrace the presence of this demographic(to a degree) at metal shows, for one reason. Certain people like to assume this strange sense of ownership/entitlement to a particular band or metal genre. You'll know these folks by their constant usage of phrases like, "they're not true fans," or "where were these fans back in 2001 when 'band x' played at 'insert name of tiny hole in the wall venue.'"

Basically, what I'm saying is that to see some of these alleged "true fans" getting all worked up because someone who doesn't look/act like them is at "their" show enjoying "their" band... it truly warms my heart.

Yep! And many times when "our own band" gets more popular the band is suddenly not so good as it used to be. I wonder how many here think that Symphony X was at their best in their demostage or at their first albums?

Load and Reload both had some really great songs. Fantastic even. They were just too different to be called metallica and too inconsistent as albums to really be worth anything, but if they just took selections from both albums and released them as one cd it may have gone over better.

By this, I assume you mean: 12 tracks of "Mama Said". :lol:

yeah... that's one of the "bad" songs :lol:

Seriously though, Bleeding me, Outlaw Torn, Low Man's Lyric (ok, so i like that song... sue me), and despite shit lyrics i think Fixxxer is pretty sweet. There's a few others too.

I was bored one day so I went on Wikipedia to tool around and I came across this in regards to the covers of load and reload:

The cover of the album is original artwork entitled "Semen and Blood III". It is one of three photographic studies by Andres Serrano created in 1990 by mingling the artist's own semen and bovine blood between two sheets of Plexiglas.

:puke:

Metallica by that time was so into themselves, that they probably thought "our music is so awesome..it just gets better each album...I'm so turned on by this album...can't help it...(squirt)!!"

yeah... that's one of the "bad" songs :lol:

Seriously though, Bleeding me, Outlaw Torn, Low Man's Lyric (ok, so i like that song... sue me), and despite shit lyrics i think Fixxxer is pretty sweet. There's a few others too.

I actually think Mama Said is one of the better songs... so if you'll forgive me for that, I'll forgive you for Low Man's Lyric :lol: true story.

I blame the whole affair on that producer, whatever the fuck he was called, Bob Rock or something.

Anyways, now that we've all admitted everything, time to move on :p

Has Amorphis been listed yet? I've been listening to their latest album Silent Waters lately... it's a pretty awesome easy listen. I've kinda skipped their latest releases so I don't know how it compares, but it's getting some good reviews.

St. Anger has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

+1

I actually do liek the load albums. If I had to rank metallica albums it wouldbe:

1: Master of Puppets
2. AJFA
3:Load, Reload
4: The Black Album
5: Garage Inc.
6: RTL
7: KEA
10:S&M
54: St. Anger

To sort of re-word what Zach said, I think the loads were great albums, but they might not have been very good Metallica albums (especially for those who were following them since the 80s)

+1

I actually do liek the load albums. If I had to rank metallica albums it wouldbe:

1: Master of Puppets
2. AJFA
3:Load, Reload
4: The Black Album
5: Garage Inc.
6: RTL
7: KEA
10:S&M
54: St. Anger

To sort of re-word what Zach said, I think the loads were great albums, but they might not have been very good Metallica albums (especially for those who were following them since the 80s)

Ride the Lightning and Kill 'Em All are the only ones I ever got into.