First album you ever had

I think my first album that I had was not anything even close to metal. Hahaha It was a single of that song “Electric Avenue” lol... Was too young to know any better but I can remember bands like Kiss and AC/DC even the Sex Pistols. Hell I remember seeing Kiss on Tv and was in sensory shock from all the sparks and lights. Unreal! haha

I loved the electric avenue song back in the days. LOL! Great song.

"We gonna rock on down to electric avenue"

Ha ha ha!

My first couple of albums... Motley Crue "Girls Girls Girls", Black Sabbath's first album, Ride the Lightning, Iron Maiden "Somewhere in Time". Made me into the twisted bastard I am today! :D

My first couple of albums... Motley Crue "Girls Girls Girls", Black Sabbath's first album, Ride the Lightning, Iron Maiden "Somewhere in Time". Made me into the twisted bastard I am today! :D

Hell yeah, S I T was the best Maiden album ever! I fucking still love that album! I have a funny Maiden story, but I don't want to get to off topic.

Wasted Years was what got me into metal. I was really blown away by everything about that song. It was heavier and more intricate than anything I was listening to at that time, but it was also so much more melodic and passionate.

I also loved how they experimented with the synths, but went in a more progressive direction, as opposed to a more commercial sound.

Yeah, that's still my favorite Maiden disc... so many fucking good songs. I got lucky, I had a friend with an amazing collection of tapes... two walls of basically just metal, hardcore, crossover. THere's probably not too much pre-1992 or so I haven't heard at least once, even if I can't remember.

I want to get something to convert tapes to MP3s. If the sound of the tape stays the same, I'll be very happy.
There are also vinyl players that you can hook up to your computer.