First If Album And How You Heard About It

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY

I hate wiener dogs. Dreadful creatures.
Mar 3, 2004
Tulsa, Ok
Im sure this has been posted many times before but I just stumbled on to this site and saw a large group of INFLAMES fans, being from OKLAHOMA I dont run into many so I was wondering how you came to learn about InFLAMES and what was your first album. I was reading a review of Something wicked this way comes by Iced Earth and there was a Inflames reference in there so I followed a link heard 45 seconds of Embody the Invisible and was Immediately hooked then i went out and bought Colony.
Thats my story anyone else care to share. If not just tell me to stfu.

my friend sent me cloud connected and i almost shit my pants... reason enough to download 90% of all their songs overnight on WinMX... and I havent disliked any of them yet. (easy way to like everything from a band is comparing it to bands like Nsync and the Backstreet boys instead of other metal bands, that way everything sounds kick ass)

Best one i got though is when they were playing, Tulsa and I saw bjorn walking from the venue to an arbys across the street, before my friends could even turn around I was gone with my Colony cd and i ran up to bjorn and Anders and was like ( WAYNES WORLD) IM not mental or anything but would would sign my cd. Anders kinda was wierded out , but bjorn was like sure. Then i ask Bjorn about getting A IF TATTOO and he told me, " DONT GET A TATTOO , THEY ARE BAD." THEN I SHOWED HIM MY SOILWORK TATTOO and ANDERS told me to put my sleeve down. I was like " oh yeah sorry , rivals." IVe got a couple more cause every time i see them i basically attack. Yeah im one of those fans you end up getting a restraining order against. J/K

I discovered them through Audio galaxy. When I first discovered Bodom 5 years ago, I saw recommened by other users and Bodom fans - In Flames,

Haha the first song I got was World of Promises which was just a cover (did no know at the time) but it still kicked ass. Colony is my fav album.

[yeah Its An Awesome Cover Actually I Cant Say That Cause Ive Never Heard The Original But Ill Just Believe It Does It Justice, I Heard Cob After And Bought Hatebreeder And Freakin Loved It. Hellion Is And Awesome Cover But My Fav, Cob Cover Is Either Final Countdown By Europe Or Somebody Put Something In My Drink , That Always Cracks Me Up, But I Like The Beer Tab Thing In Hellion

I stumbled across a video for Ordinary Story on the internet.
That day after work (3 years ago), I went and bought all the cd's up to Clayman.
All of thier shit owns. Even the new stuff people bitch about still kicks ass. :headbang:

The only bad thing about discovering In Flames was that I can't listen to a lot of my other metal cd's anymore. After hearing In Flames the others bands just disappoint.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
THEN I SHOWED HIM MY SOILWORK TATTOO and ANDERS told me to put my sleeve down. I was like " oh yeah sorry , rivals."
I don't get it.. was Anders in a bad mood or something?

My friend showed me Ordinary Story, I thought it was alright but nothing great. We then downloaded Zombie Inc. and I thought it was amazing. I then downloaded every In Flames song available, and saw them live a week later !

I discovered them through Audio galaxy. When I first discovered Bodom 5 years ago, I saw recommened by other users and Bodom fans - In Flames,
Hell yeah, man! Sort of the same story here. I was bored one night, and put on the Metal channel on Digital Cable from Time Warner. And I heard "Neurotica Rampage" by Soilwork. I was hooked, and introduced into the metal scene. I downloaded more songs from Soilwork, and checked out the bands Audiogalaxy said were recommended from other fans. What songs did I download from that? "Episode 666" by In Flames, and "Follow the Reaper" by Children of Bodom. Again, hooked. About a week later, my best friend had Colony and Clayman because I told him about them, and a few of his friends are into metal. They let him listen to more. He drove me to school normally, so we listened to those albums. And bam... my favorite band since. I have every album from them now, minus Tokyo and the EPs. You can hear their evolution in sound over the years in their music, but definitely every style kicks ass. :headbang: Melodic Death Forever :headbang:

Gums said:
I don't get it.. was Anders in a bad mood or something?

My friend showed me Ordinary Story, I thought it was alright but nothing great. We then downloaded Zombie Inc. and I thought it was amazing. I then downloaded every In Flames song available, and saw them live a week later !

Ordinary story kills zombie inc. IMO

In early 2002, in search for new bands to listen to, I downloaded a whole bunch of random mp3's from Internet and burned them to CD. One of the songs happened to be The Jester Race. I thought it was a good song and thought to myself "gotta buy an album from these guys some time."

However, I eventually forgot about In Flames. But on one evening, when I had to take a 4 hour bus ride from my parents' place to my then-hometown, I put the collection CD on again to my portable CD player. This time, when The Jester Race started playing it immediately blew me away. I found myself hitting the "previous track" button again and again and again. During the 4 hour ride I listened to the song about 20 times.

The following day I rushed to a store right after getting off from work. Unfortunately, they didn't carry The Jester Race. But it happened to be the Reroute To Remain release day, so I bought that one instead. You can imagine the shock I first had... :D "THIS is In Flames? Errr... Ok..." However, I quickly learnt to like the album and the rest is history.

ACTUALLU HE WASNT MAD HE WAS JUST LIKE " PUT YOUR SLEEVE DOWN" JUST LIKE I DONT KNOW HE SEEMED KINDA NERVOUS. BJORN WAS COOL THOUGH. sorry caps i know

My sister bought Whoracle, and the same day when I got back from school, she was playing it. It blew me apart. Since then IF are my favourite band, with The Duskfall and other melodic death bands.

Somebody sent me an MP3 of "Man Made God" and as I was only just getting in to metal properly at the time, I was just listening to the guitars and thinking..."YUP, THATS THE STUFF FOR ME!" - I believe the first album I got was Colony.

I found out about In Flames through Iced Earth too. I was a big fan of Iced Earth and I heard that they would be touring with this band called In Flames. I decided to check this band out and it turns out that I really liked them. The first song I got from them was The Jester Race and I thought it was so amazing. So I went to a CD store and decided to buy an album. I bought the oldest one I could find figuring it would be the most rare. It just so happened to be Whoracle, and its been my favorite album of all time ever since.

i was with a friend of mine at his house and then he put The jester race on his radio , he told me "I think you're going to like this", and he was so right a couple of minutes listening to that album and I got totally hooked, that happened a few months before Whoracle was released, then when Whoracle was released I bought it immediatly, and now here I am waiting to get STYE a.s.a.p