First If Album And How You Heard About It

I was just into death metal in my freshman year of high school. In my senior year in 1998, I was also listening to a lot of the guitar soloists like Vinnie Moore, Tony MacAlpine, Eric Johnson and stuff like that. I was in my buddy Brian's van and we were headed somewhere and he had this compilation tape that just repeated itself like crazy. There were 3 songs on there that I always liked Opeth - The Twilight is My Robe, and In Flames - Dialogue with the Stars and The Jester Dance. I was really caught up on the instrumentals, 'cause they were different. I went out and bought Opeth's Orchid and Morningrise. Brain said if you really like those albums, check out the In Flames - Jester Race and Whoracle albums. I instantly fell in love with Whoracle and the rest is history!

Total Rock on VH1.....1:30 in the morning.....5 years ago....proceeding the video for 'Epic' by Faith No More.....came the video for 'Artifacts of the Black Rain'....I was trashed, but I still remember going 'F*CK!..That is so f*cking good!'...Next day, scampered to my local HMV store....picked up TJR, Whoracle and LS.....and now they are my favourite band of all time...:) :headbang:

I bought IF's last album a month ago and became instant fan.Now I have and the old stuff.STANNE is my favorite voice and DT but now I have IF for balance.I like Friden very much,highly impressed when I heard him in DT's 'Exposures' I traced him to IF and thus I discovered a band that kicks ass mightly.

In my freshman year in high school this dude told me to check out a band called In Flames. At the time I did not listen to metal. But I Downloaded bullet ride and loved it. I kept downloading their songs until i decided to go to the nearest Best Buy. My first IF albums were Clayman and R2R, i bought them together. Now I have all the albums.

The first track I've ever heard (and seen) of them was Only for the Weak on nuclearblast.de, and it was a somehow magical experience. Among all the shit, there was still something wonderful. My first album was Soundtrack to Your Escape, after I had already downloaded half their catalogue :D

I think I first encountered their name on a website on 'the history of heavy metal'.

Reroute to remain :oops:
I just saw it on on irc, and decided to snag it.
I didn't like it that much, but I did started getting all their albums.
When I heard behind space, my jaw dropped.
Now after hearing all their stuff, I like jester race for it's blend ofmelodies and aggression the most, and lunar strain and Lunar Strain & Subterranean for the heaviness+ the folk music.
I do like reroute more, it doesn't have alot of nu metal moments, so I think it's better than STYE, but STYE has some good songs, but reroute is better, but jester race owns them all overall.

When my brother got into underground metal five years ago, In Flames was one of the first bands he got into. I'm not even sure which album I technically heard first though. My guess is Colony.

Colony. An Old friend that I haven't talked to for almost 3 years let me listen to Ordinary Story. He also let me listen to Episode 666, and Black Ash Inheritance. I was hooked.

I first heard Gyroscope on the local radio, and I thought,fuck,this is amazing!:OMG:

Then I read a metal magazine that had an ad for Reroute to Remain. I found out that the song I heard was called Gyroscope, and downloaded it. Reroute to Remain was the first IF album I heard in it's entirety,and I loved it right away, I still do,it's my second favorite album.

I walked into my English Lit class when I started college in 2003 and, seeing no one i recognised, looked for someone who looked so out of place they couldn't take the piss out of me. I saw a chubby, spotty, greasy mosher and went and sat next to him, my first words to him were "So...you're a goth?", he quickly debunked my assumption by explaining the difference between metaller and goth. He proceeded to play me Arch Enemy's "Silent Wars", having previously listened to the likes of Greenday and the Offspring I was, at first, shocked and the amazed by what I heard, instantly falling in love the melodic death. Over the next few months Andy played and copied several albums for me, one of which was In Flames "Reroute to Remain", first palying me the song "Trigger", I fell in love once again. I remain a solid fan of all their stuff up to "Reroute" and a year after leaving college and with over 200 miles between us, Andy is still one of my best mates.

funny people can get into the band via cloud connected. to each his own.

i heard jotun and was hooked, so i bought all their shit (clayman had JUST been released like a month before i got into them)

they died after clayman.

I discovered them like emptiness.

not.

I think the first ones I heard were Crawl Through Knives or Only For the Weak from my big brother's room and I thought they were really great so I took Come Clarity and Clayman to my mp3.
And now they are not even among my favorite IF albums =[

six years ago my friend showed me pinball map and i loved it then we downloaded all of there cds and i listened to all of them and I loved all of there stuff, but i loved the jester race and whoracle more of course, and ive been listening to them ever since...Eventually i bought all of there cds and the day that r2r came out i was there when the cd store opened to buy the cd...I liked it but i was dissapointed and ive been dissapointed in all of there cds recently but i still buy them and i still like them i just wish they would make some songs like they use to

I was downloading a live recording of Dark Tranquillity and I stumbled upon In Flames' live recording.