First Maryland Deathfest XII bands announced

Black metal "purists" don't like very much experimentation in their black metal, but generally I say fuck those guys. I like that Blake has experimented with different sounds in Nachtmystium. And I like the black metal bands that are putting melody into their riffs. It's a more versatile genre than those who only like the "orthodox" style would let you believe.

Agreed. I would also dare to say that the more progressive end of the bm spectrum are, well, the most progressive bands in all of metal.

Surprised no one updated this. Dont' know the other bands, but MDB is one of my top bucketlist bands, so I definitely am thinking of going next year.

6 more bands have been confirmed for MDF XII!

MY DYING BRIDE (UK) - Exclusive US appearance and first US show since 1997

THE CHURCH OF PUNGENT STENCH (Austria) - Exclusive US appearance. Playing an old school setlist of material from their first EP and first 3 albums.

HOODED MENACE (Finland)

ULCERATE (New Zealand)

BÖLZER (Switzerland) - Exclusive US appearance

WINDHAND

Surprised no one updated this. Dont' know the other bands, but MDB is one of my top bucketlist bands, so I definitely am thinking of going next year.

6 more bands have been confirmed for MDF XII!

MY DYING BRIDE (UK) - Exclusive US appearance and first US show since 1997

THE CHURCH OF PUNGENT STENCH (Austria) - Exclusive US appearance. Playing an old school setlist of material from their first EP and first 3 albums.

HOODED MENACE (Finland)

ULCERATE (New Zealand)

BÖLZER (Switzerland) - Exclusive US appearance

WINDHAND

Ulcerate and Hooded Menace are great, The Church of Pungent Stench is Pungent Stench, who are pretty good. My Dying Bride announcement makes me very happy.

Yeah, My Dying Bride has been high on my list for a long time.
Simon - This thing is about a band or two away from me seriously considering.
If Candlemass had a vocalist who was good for Candlemass I would be more excited.
Considering I have seen them already with Lowe, seeing them with Levin is not travel worthy to me.
I dont like him with Candlemass.

Hrmmmm....now maybe after having PAgan Altar they will invite Solstice!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, My Dying Bride has been high on my list for a long time.
Simon - This thing is about a band or two away from me seriously considering.
If Candlemass had a vocalist who was good for Candlemass I would be more excited.
Considering I have seen them already with Lowe, seeing them with Levin is not travel worthy to me.
I dont like him with Candlemass.

Hrmmmm....now maybe after having PAgan Altar they will invite Solstice!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Mats Levin, but for Candlemass, that dude from Solitude Aternus(sp?) was much better

Awwww.. I wouldn't saw Lowe was REALLY bad...
Definitely better with Solitude...
I think he did as good of a job as he could have done...

I haven't liked the live footage I have seen of C-Mass recently, unfortunately...

Levin may not be Messiah, but he is ok with Candlemass. Candlemass isn't one of the bands making me want to go, even though I do like them a lot but I have seen them with Messiah. Lowe was good in Candlemass.

I loved Lowe personally. The only complaint is him reading lyrics but he sounded great. I like Levin too; I just don't think he fits Candlemass. Honestly Edling should just end the damn band. I know he has personal issues with Messiah, but either bring him back in or end it.

new announcements....holy shit!

Aeternus (Norway) - Exclusive US appearance!
Arcagathus (Canada)
Birdflesh (Sweden)
Castevet
Coffins (Japan)
Creative Waste (Saudi Arabia)
Cryptic Slaughter
Dropdead
Enthroned (Belgium) - Exclusive US appearance!
Entrails (Sweden)
Final Conflict
Immolation
Incantation
In Disgust
Mesrine (Canada)
Mitchondrion (Canada)
Mutilation Rites
Necros Christos - Exclusive US appearance!
Noothgrush
Orator (Bangladesh)
Ratos de Porão (Brazil) - Exclusive US appearance!
Rotting Out
Shitstorm
Sick/Tired
Stapled Shut
Theories
Torche
War Master
Whitehorse (Australia)
Wrathprayer (Chile)

Interesting to note - Blasko is actually going to playing with Cryptic Slaughter for the fest!
Unfortunately, Cryptic Slaughter is no longer playing Maryland Deathfest next year:

"Well, apparently Cryptic Slaughter will no longer be playing at MDF XII. We're a bit surprised, seeing how we just found out about it via a Facebook post rather than an e-mail that would've made us aware of a problem that would prevent them from playing just 3 days after it was announced. Sorry to report that one.
Stay tuned for more band confirmations + ticket info."

Also, tickets will go on sale on the 23rd of this month.