First Maryland Deathfest XII bands announced

I've never even heard of that band.

Ratos is probably Brazil's biggest name in the punk/core/thrash scene since the 80s. Not a huge fan of the style, but I've been listening to these guys since I was a much younger kid. All of a sudden, I'd totally consider MDF because of them alone.

I've only heard of them because I saw some of their albums used back home one time. I never picked them up because I was unfamiliar with what they were all about. I'd still be interested in seeing their set. The Latin American bands and their fans are always super insane. Case in point: Brujeria wasn't even really my style, but their set was intense as hell!

Ratos is probably Brazil's biggest name in the punk/core/thrash scene since the 80s. Not a huge fan of the style, but I've been listening to these guys since I was a much younger kid. All of a sudden, I'd totally consider MDF because of them alone.

Serious question, since you included thrash scene: are they bigger than Sepultura????

No. You gotta consider the fact that even if at the earlier stages they were "the same scene" so to speak, things have changed.

I figured, different scenes within scenes pretty much. But I always get really surprised when you have these bands who are MASSIVE in their home country, and totally unheard of outside it.