First mix with the TSX X30 amp sim

Hey Splat,

that's really awesome. Very good everything. Really, nothing to point out. I would only have all things listed here. Great songwriting, outstanding drums, great guitar sounds, massive overall production, etc.
Do you have the lyrics online somewhere?

Shogger

No lyrics online, but I'll get them up soon.

I really love your work, and I'm often checking out March Hare on soundclick.. I'm happy to hear that you have tested my ampsim ;) Did you use the latest version? (1.03 ..)

Thanks! No, I used 1.01. Shit, now I've got to go back and retweak! Downloading now....

Ok boys, here's the settings.

Mixer settings

Guitars 1 and 4 panned 100% L and R (Recabinet impulse) I used Gearbox for the Vetta compressor to drive the X30 a little harder.

Guitars 2 and 3 panned 80% L and R (Catharsis Impulse) No Gearbox compressor to drive these guitars

Curve EQ Preset I captured the direct output from my Peavey Rockmaster so I could get the X30 to sound like it)

Here's an audio sample of how the guitars sound on their own. Only processing was HP LP at 60 and 12000.
Sample

Sounds really good, man. Your music reminds me a lot of Tool and Katatonia. Can you share some info on the vocals and drums? Are the drums a hybrid of superior 2 and slate? what was the vocal chain and what fx are you processing them with?

Sounds really good, man. Your music reminds me a lot of Tool and Katatonia. Can you share some info on the vocals and drums? Are the drums a hybrid of superior 2 and slate? what was the vocal chain and what fx are you processing them with?

Thanks so much! Drums are Superior 2.0 Avatar and crashes are Superior 1.0. There's a HINT of Slate's Snare 7Z4 ducked in under the main S2.0 snare to add some ambience. I have Cubase's Roomworks verb on the Superior snare to give it a lot more meat. The kick is 100% triggered with a Deftone's kick sample.

As far as vox go, we recorded this from Matty's dynamic live mic straight into a PODX3. I'll have to check with him to get the model again because I forget. As far as processing goes, I use minimal EQ, just a db boost at 10K and a slight cut in the lows perhaps. From there I compressed with the Antress 1176 clone (freeware) then saturated with VST soft clip. and added a desser to top it off. Vox reverbs are all Cubase Roomworks and there are many blended delays, almost all are from Gearbox. I use Cubase's stock delays too.

Oh yeah, after I bus out all the reverbs and delays on the vox, I send all the vox and effect back into a group and compress again with the Antress 1176 clone to keep all the delay levels in check. This makes the delays sustain a lot more naturally as well, but I always end up spending a day just automating the effects on the vocals!

Hey Splat,

Do you have the lyrics online somewhere?

Shogger

Here's the lyrics:

On this side
Kingdom's crown void
All you see is waste
Constant dreams of empty cages
Wake and be revealed

And now the truth unfolds
Shroud and black the veil

Split this mask
Arc the shadows
Speak in wisper tone
One who lurks in creaking hallways
Writing tones in blood

What will set him free
Scorge and most unlcean
Out from underneath
Bible blackened priest

On this side
Kindom's crown void
Memory sustained
Touch of steel on skin like razors
Only clouds remain

Empty eyes - Still I see their face
Piercing inward flame - Open up the gates
Blessed in fire - Sanctified in rage
Echoing too late - Won't reverse this plague
Broken seal - demons enter
Horror ripping flesh - I am unveiled.

Now the truth unfolds
Shroud and black the veil
Out from underneath
Bible blackened priest

The clouds at four
My future revealved
Held captive this monster who's all too real
The paint covered cracks, no longer contain
Broken and battered, no love remains

When lies are told a demon is fed
He creeps unseen into your daughter's bed
Allied arms - foreign land
Reality locked in the grip of my hand

The paint covered cracks
My void kingdom's crown
Forcing hearts to stop on all sides down

On this side - Kingdom's crown void

Thanks! I was totally going for an 80s clean guitar vibe. If I'm being honest, the Queensryche song Suite Sister Mary was my inspiration behind this particular track. The clean tone they get on that song, especially on Operation Livecrime is shit-tastic!

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW ITTTTTTTTTTT :heh: :kickass: :kickass:

Awesome mix dude. I still love this song!

What was the guitar/pickups you used for this? Sorry to ask, I'm sure it has been mentioned.

Splatt

for your sd2.0, are you using usual patch you made a year's ago on you're esnipsbusinessfiles ?

Would you mind sharing your drums mixer channel or settings ?

Inmense!!!!

I am amazed with the song and the mix...yeah!!

I'm curious to know about the Cubase's Roomworks verb settings you used on snare

I'm not a Cubase user for now, but I'd like to achieve that kind of magic touch of reverb on snares with TLSpace or maybe Logic Studio's Space Designer (verb on snares is something I never get to sound to my taste. So I'd like to give a try to some different approach ;) )

awesome mix dude, no doubt!!! ;)

Ok boys, here's the settings.

Mixer settings

Guitars 1 and 4 panned 100% L and R (Recabinet impulse) I used Gearbox for the Vetta compressor to drive the X30 a little harder.

Guitars 2 and 3 panned 80% L and R (Catharsis Impulse) No Gearbox compressor to drive these guitars

Curve EQ Preset I captured the direct output from my Peavey Rockmaster so I could get the X30 to sound like it)

Here's an audio sample of how the guitars sound on their own. Only processing was HP LP at 60 and 12000.
Sample

Can you post DI tracks of the distorted guitars? I wanna play too haha :headbang: Also a stereo mixdown of the rest would be nice :heh:

pleeeeaaaase :saint: